Hiding the streaming source URL

changamire

Is there any way I can conceal the URL of the streaming source? Its seems rather wierd having the URL of another company dominating the beginning of the URL when people click to listen. This is how the stream displays in the browser: http://shoutcast.internet-radio.org.uk/tunein.php/changamire/playlist.qtl. The website is Nehanda Radio: Zimbabwe News and Internet Radio Station and this is what I would prefer to start. When I click on my competitors sites you only see their website URL's in the stream address?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Sure, this is easy to do. Download the playlist files from our servers and upload them to yours. The playlist.whatever files can be saved to your desktop and then uploaded by FTP to your website. The stream playlist links can then be referenced as yourwebsite.com/playlist.whatever.

D

DiscoDave

They all work for us apart from the QuickTime Link - it displays the message below in your internet browser
when clicked on.... can you offer a solution to this?

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<?quicktime type="application/x-quicktime-media-link"?>
<embed src="icy://cp.internet-radio.org.uk:15004" autoplay="true" />

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
This problem is related to the browser file associations. It doesn't know what the quick time format is so its just displaying its contents. Check Quicktime is installed and updated. Installing Quicktime usually sorts out these associations automatically.

D

DiscoDave

It works fine when using the default link, but if we upload the playlist file to our own server that error message gets displayed

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ahh ok. Sorry in that case there must be some settings on your web server which are causing it to be displayed rather than downloaded.

D

DiscoDave

Must be a server problem yeah. Have just changed back the QuickTime link to your server and left the others on our own one. Thanks for the assistance.

changamire

Trying to download playlist files

Sorry to sound dumb, but where do I download the playlist files from? I am currently logged into my Radio Server Control panel and cannot see anything remotely downloadable. I have tried clicking the Server Administration button but then it asks me for a username and password I am entering the same details which got me into the control panel. but not being allowed in? These playlist files, what are they? Are they audio files? or simply....well playlist files (text format)?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
In the bottom right of the control panel are 4 playlist icons to tune in. Click second mouse button on these and 'Save target as'. This will give you the playlists.

To log in to the server administration use 'admin' as the username and the same control panel password.

Sorry to sound dumb, but where do I download the playlist files from? I am currently logged into my Radio Server Control panel and cannot see anything remotely downloadable. I have tried clicking the Server Administration button but then it asks me for a username and password I am entering the same details which got me into the control panel. but not being allowed in? These playlist files, what are they? Are they audio files? or simply....well playlist files (text format)?