Hijacked stream?

Apolloradiouk

Hi guys
Something strange happened last night and I was wondering if you could give me some advice.
I had to go off air for about an hour last night (21:10 UK time) due to an internal connection problem.
During this time, I received an email from a listener in Belgium saying that he heard one of his own songs on my station and wanted to know how I got it, coincidently when I then tried to reconnect to my stream, my connection was failing and when I looked at the control panel, it was still showing three listeners.
Is it possible that someone else was able to conect to my stream when I was off air?
I have been unable to explain to the listener why he heard his song on my stream, he says that he heard a song called "Beesnares by Venetion snares sideproject" prior to his song which was cut up like a jingle, but I dont even have this track on my playlist.
The only thing I can think of is maybe a fallback file thats set up on the server.
I'm confused, can you shed any light on this?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
The control panel showing listeners after you disconnected is probably a cache of what the listeners were before. Its very unlikely that someone hijacked your stream. You can always change your passwords if you would like to be sure. We cant explain the Belgian user hearing one of his own tracks. Perhaps they were confused ?

Apolloradiouk

Lo, yeah I did they they may be confused, and after posting this, I remembered about the delay with listener reports, thanks for your response anyway