How to go live with SAM Broadcaster????

MykeH

Hi All

I know there are many of you who use SAM Broadcaster so this should be a doddle to answer

I have
IceCast2 Sever (I think as opposed to 1) the reason being - going live from AutoDJ in CP to SAM B is allegedly automatic
SAM Broadcaster Latest (Release)
File Format being used is MP3.
I am using the exact same Stream details in SAM Broadcaster ENCODER as in my Webplayer
eg. IPXXX.XXX.XX PORT: XXXX /stream - is this right?

Question 1: I have AutoDJ running perfectly - streaming away nicely
Now I want to Switch to SAM Broadcaster and go live
What is the correct procedure to get a smooth switch over?

QUESTION 2 Is anything need to be done in the CP BEFORE going Live - if so what and in what order?

QUESTION 3: The SAM Encoder is setup MP3 (because those are the files I am streaming) - is this right or should I use Ogg Vorbis

Any other tricks and tips are most welcome

BTW: I got SAM Broadcaster to stream so I think my setup is right BUT I did have an issue with hearing BOTH AUDODJ and my SAM Stream at the same time until I deactivated the Source in the CP - Hmmmmmm - I thought the switchover was automatic - or am I once agin being a Numpty :)

Thus the questions above

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
1. You are so close :) Change the mount point to /live (instead of /stream).

2. Nope :) Fully automatic.

3. Use MP3. Ogg vorbis would work but some players might not play it. MP3 is the best bet.

Good Luck! Let us know if you need any further assistance.

MykeH

Just so I am clear change the Mount Point in the CP or in the SAM B ENCODER?

If it is is in the CP do I have to put it back if I want to stream as per normal.

MykeH

Hi Support Guys

Asked and Answered - great work on putting the Live Broadcast details in the CP - masively helpful for numpty's like me:D

Cheers