How to install FFMP3 Skins on Website

BigFeat

Does anyone have step-by-step instructions on how to properly setup these optional custom skins from FFMP3 site into a website?

I am using latest WordPress along with Shout-Stream plugin. That plugin comes with a few skin options. However, I have downloaded some additional skins from the FFMP3 website and I'm having difficulty installing it on my website.

I have downloaded the skin file which includes a .xml file an a folder with image files for the player. The FFMP3 website states to upload these files to your server, but does not indicate where. So I just uploaded (via FTP) it to the root folder where my WordPress is installed. I then generated an HTML code from the FFMP3 website and copy and pasted it to a post on my blog. The audio plays, but the player image is not displayed. This leads me to think that it's not linking the player images to the html commands. The problem is, I don't know whether I need to modify the .xml file or the HTML script in order to do so. I tried viewing the source code on the FFMP3 site to see if I could get an example, but I don't see any specific directories where they are pulling their codes from.

Could someone please provide guidance as to how to properly install these skins into my webserver and which files I should configure in order for this player to display properly.

thanks.

MykeH

I am having a similar problem - where the player is supposed to be I get a blank white square

I tried it in various locations on the page no joy

Can anyone help

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hey guys, could you please post your website URL's so we can have a look at the source.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
My player is at inceptionradionetwork.com/services I am trying to user user old stereo skin

Hi there, we just checked and it seems to be displaying the alternative skin fine.

We presume you probably fixed it yourself. 8)

MykeH

BigFeat

I don't know if this will be an issue for you but I found when the player is running and a listener navigates away from the page to say view another page on your site - the player stops working.

I am now looking at some kind of pop up window to prevent that happening

Just a thought

BigFeat

Help!!

Hi there, we just checked and it seems to be displaying the alternative skin fine.

We presume you probably fixed it yourself. 8)

It appears that you may have been looking at the wrong player. The player that I was referring to is in the bottom of the sidebard just above the video clip. The player that is currently working and on the top of the sidbar is part of the wordpress shout stream plugin, which I have no issues with. However, I want to use alternative FFM3 skins so I placed another audio widget ("Old Stereo Test") in that same page for test purposes until I can replace that top player.

I simply copied the html script from FFM3 website for oldstereo and pasted it in the text/html widget in that sidebar:

<!-- BEGINS: AUTO-GENERATED FFMP3 CODE -->
<object width="318" height="130" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<param name="movie" value="ffmp3-config.swf" />
<param name="flashvars" value="url=http://178.159.0.80:7486/;&lang=en&codec=mp3&volume=100&autoplay=true&traking=true&jsevents=false&buffering=5&skin=ffmp3-oldstereo.xml&title=Inception%20Radio&welcome=Welcome%20To..." />
<param name="wmode" value="window" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<embed src="ffmp3-config.swf" flashvars="url=http://178.159.0.80:7486/;&lang=en&codec=mp3&volume=100&autoplay=true&traking=true&jsevents=false&buffering=5&skin=ffmp3-oldstereo.xml&title=Inception%20Radio&welcome=Welcome%20To..." width="318" scale="noscale" height="130" wmode="window" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
</object>
<!-- ENDS: AUTO-GENERATED FFMP3 CODE -->

However, as you will notice, it is a white block. The URL link is setup correctly because when I generate it in the FFM3 website, the audio does play fine. However, it's just that the player does not appear on my site, but rather a white block. There are no instructions as to whether I need to modify the .php file from the oldstereo skin or the html script at all. So I placed the oldstereo folder into my "plugins" folder of my WordPress, also in a folder called "skins" in the main WordPress root folder. The instructions just state to place the skin folder on the site and copy the html script to the page. So obviously, there is something lacking in these directions that is producing these blank results.

Please take a look at the site again and look at the bottom of that sidebar and you'll notice a little white block right above the video clip. That white block is the widget location where I pasted the html script for the oldstereo player in. Please help.

Player Location Services Inception Radio Network

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have just test installed it here :

http://www.internet-radio.org.uk/ffmp3test/

Have a look at our source code. The file permissions are important they must be readable. You can do this with your FTP client. The skins need to be in the same directory as the player too. Heres a list of the files in our ffmp3 test directory :

ffmp3-config.swf
ffmp3-oldstereo (directory)
ffmp3-oldstereo.xml
ffmp3.swf
ffmp3-tiny.swf
index.html
test-default.html
test-skin.html
test-skins-images (directory)
testSkin.xml
test-tiny.html

Hope this helps. 8)