I cannot reconnect until the stream is reset

mtibb

Can anyone help.

I stream my station via Internet Radio server.

Almost every day the stream is dropped.

I cannot reconnect until the stream is reset.

Any thoughts

Mark

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have moved your post into a separate thread as it is a different issue than what you posted under.

We need some more information to help you. When you disconnect does the control panel show disconnected after you refresh the page ? What error do you get when you try and connect again ?

mtibb

Hi,

I don't completely understand.

I never deliberately disconnect. The server disconnects me and my software tells me it cannot connect.

After restarting and reloading the server my software automatically reconnects without me doing anything on my PC.

I use the latest version of SAM Broadcaster.

The problem does seem to be with the server as that is the only thing that needs resetting and reloading

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
When SAM broadcaster tells you it cant connect. Login to the control panel and look at the top left status info. What does it say ? We have attached a screenshot of where we mean. Also check your Shoutcast Status page here : Radio Server Control Panel What does that say ?

Let us know and we will try and diagnose your problem.

Hi,

I don't completely understand.

I never deliberately disconnect. The server disconnects me and my software tells me it cannot connect.

After restarting and reloading the server my software automatically reconnects without me doing anything on my PC.

I use the latest version of SAM Broadcaster.

The problem does seem to be with the server as that is the only thing that needs resetting and reloading

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-10 at 17.08.59.png
    Screen shot 2011-03-10 at 17.08.59.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 808

mtibb

When I tune in I get the last 20 secs broadcast which repeats it self until the server is restarted

mtibb

I have just been dropped again at 7.33am

The shoutcast server admin displays this

Current Stream InformationServer Status: Server is currently up and public.Stream Status: Stream is up at 128 kbps with 0 of 25 listeners (0 unique)Listener Peak: 1Average Listen Time: 0m 01sStream Title: Longside RadioContent Type: audio/mpegStream Genre: VariousStream URL: www.longsideradio.co.ukStream ICQ: NAStream AIM: NAStream IRC: #audiorealmCurrent Song: Blood, Sweat and Tears - Smiling Phases [Live]
and my control panel shows this

None
listeners.png
Listeners
server_online.png
Server Status
Remote
source_offsite.png
Source Status
Yes
source_connected.png
Source Connected

when I restart and reload the server my stream source is able to automatically reconnect.

mtibb

Not only has the server dropped my stream I cannot access my server pages to reset the server. This is becoming urgent. Please help

Apolloradiouk

HI guys

I'm curious to find out what the outcome of this was, as I expereinced the same issue recently, twice over the past 2 days
I am also using SAM, however I have today switched to my colleague who broadcasts using Nicecast, I have advised him to monitor the situation and let me know if the same problem happens with him.
I thought I'd let you know in the meantime though, in case you found the problem to be on your side

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
HI guys

I'm curious to find out what the outcome of this was, as I expereinced the same issue recently, twice over the past 2 days
I am also using SAM, however I have today switched to my colleague who broadcasts using Nicecast, I have advised him to monitor the situation and let me know if the same problem happens with him.
I thought I'd let you know in the meantime though, in case you found the problem to be on your side

We have found no issues this end so far but we are (as always) keeping a close eye on things. Let us know if you notice anything and provide us with as much info as possible.

sademaz

Hi,
what is the version of SAM do you use?
With SAM4 I had some problems with the encoders..
and not only with internet-radio.org.uk (also on localhost :/ )
Normaly the encoder return a code error number.. Can you tell us..

I went back on SAM3 and everythings run without problems..

cheers

Oliv'