Internet Radio on Nokia (Symbian S60) Phone

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Here is an screenshot of one of our clients stations playing on a Nokia 6120c (great phone btw).

attachment.php

The App used is available in the Ovi Store (run bu Nokia) here : Ovi Store

The station in question is running a public SHOUTcast server (required to be in the directory of the app).

Heres the link to the station example in case you want to tune in : http://shoutcast.internet-radio.org.uk/start/narukamirecords/

Attachments

• narukami-radio.jpg
    narukami-radio.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 4,088

HoddzDJ

Oh Support, Support, Support!! Why are you promoting the old Symbian S60 phones? The new breed of Nokia are out, running on Linux!! My device, the N900, has a built in web player... which works great!! Screen-shots to follow possibly!!

I have now attached a screen-shot for the N900 Media Player, playing my radio stream.
attachment.php

Some quick things to point out about this media player...
1. The stream doesn't have to be public, as you can enter the direct IP:port of the station and away you go!!
2. It's best to run when in a WiFi zone, don't blame me if you get huge bill for streaming when in 3G area.

Attachments

• screenshot01.jpg
    screenshot01.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2,954
Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thanks for the post Ben :) We only had a Nokia 6120c between us to mess about on when we were having a play a while ago. Thanks for updating us with the info on the newer N900. We are especially impressed its running on Linux (our companies OS of choice). All our desktops / servers run Debian.

You also have a good point about being able to tune in directly without having to use the directory (which is just a clone of shoutcast.com's directory). It would obviously be useful to be in their directory from a broadcasters point of view as you can hopefully gain more listeners etc...

Fortunately we have an unlimited 3.5G access plan so the bandwidth usage isn't a problem for us but well worth pointing out to users on the pay per KB system that this will seriously cost you a small fortune to use often.