Is It possible To Change host Server?

131WebRadio

I have two stations with streams hosted through Internet-Radio.Com.

One is on UK2 the other on UK7. both stations run on NextKast, but have the same version. The only software difference is that the UK2 stream is from a Win7 box, and the UK7 stream is from a Win10 box. The UK7 hosted stream just simply drops at random, and I need to manually disable/re-enable that stream to reconnect. The UK2 stream has never had this problem.

Both are set to 160 Kbps, and set to Shoutcast 2. Through testing it would appear that the UK7 stream seems fairly stable when set to Shoutcast 1, so not sure what to do next.

As the UK2 stream has never had the problem I am wondering if changing servers could fix the issue (though I have raised this via email and figure if it were the server others would report the same problem).

I do have another stream set up in NextKast on that same box, with another host, and no such issue.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi 131WebRadio,

Sorry to hear that you have had some streaming issues.

Yes we can set your account up on another server for you if you wished. This obviously would mean a new server address and port number would need to be assigned to the account and some small amount of downtime whilst we manually recreate your account on another server.

There should not be any differences though between streaming on uk7 or uk2. Running 3 independent streams all from the same location "may" be part of the problem here. You might want to run an MTR tool to test your network when this happens to see if there is perhaps some packet loss causing this: https://www.internet-radio.com/comm...the-mtr-tool-to-analyse-network-problems.535/

131WebRadio

Only happens on the Internet-Radio.Com stream, nothing else. Is there a reason it would only occur when set to Shoutcast 2. I wouldn't have expected that to make a difference.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No the Shoutcast protocol should not make any difference! Some encoder software does not even offer a v2 option but you can still use the v1 protocol instead.

Have you noticed any patterns to this, so for example certain times etc?