Its A Big Ask

Daniel Martin

I am looking for a internet radio station that would be interested in a UK DJ that enjoys talking to his listeners and playing music from the 60's to the present day but without all the thrills of discord and all the other platforms. The biggest incentive is listeners I want to show that I am a good DJ with lots of experience and because of I am from the UK my best time slots are Thursday & Friday Night at 21:00 UK Time.

Demo

Hi Daniel.
Alot of stations like to use something like Discord as another interaction platform for listeners.
Stations also like to use something like Discord so they can get you set up / Team Meetings / Issues etc.
Any reason why you wouldn't want to use Discord ??

Cheers

Sonic

I understand your frustrations Daniel, None of my listeners or DJ's like Discord.
I have also known a lot of people that see Discord on a station and simply just pass it by.
I have spent months coding a new chat system which I hope to soon release into the global arena.
It will have all the thrills as you say like discord. but you will simply go to the station's web pages and the chat will be securely embedded.
No third party pages, just all on the station pages.
In some instances I will give station owners that are confident in coding, their own set of chat pages to edit to their liking.
My station listeners have gone up 400% since I put some great platforms in place.
Your welcome to come try Sonic but listener counts will depend on the times your on air.

Last edited:

Daniel Martin

Hi Daniel.
Alot of stations like to use something like Discord as another interaction platform for listeners.
Stations also like to use something like Discord so they can get you set up / Team Meetings / Issues etc.
Any reason why you wouldn't want to use Discord ??

Cheers

on why you wouldn't want to use Discord ??

Skype is better than Discord and you can have a team meeting on Skype and also communicate with the owner or owners of the radio station without Discord. As regards advertising your radio via all the platforms I do understand that but word of mouth and places like this forum can be just as rewarding.

Pk I look forward to your new platform

SDR Talent Scout

Listeners come with regular slots, good advertising and a decent show.
not sure you can demand a big audience with such a variation of music.
Most stations are niche, because their audience is niche.
Discord is popular, as was teamspeak before and MIRC before that, but Discord is now the best platform for communication, including talk, text and video, plus assistance in control just like teamviewer.
If you can’t get with the tech you will struggle and many stations won’t take on.
Like your title says “it’s a big ask” to expect owners to risk on you with such a diverse remit and no interest in their station workings/contact, communication and often their community.
All that aside , I wish you luck. I’m sure there is a station out there still playing oldies and getting requests on a postcard.

Radio Jupiter in the UK is looking for presenters to do VTs.

We are an all day music station playing classic hits and hot new releases, programmed by Peter Philips who was the programmer for Radio Caroline 558 in the 1980s when that station had over 4.4 million listeners. Radio Jupiter is a modern version of that success story. So, we know that we have a great sounding station and we are growing fast. Have a listen at www.RadioJupiter.studio.

The station is supported entirely by volunteers. We have a diverse team, all working remotely, some in other countries. If you are interested, please contact us at the Mothership@RadioJupiter.studio for more details. We would love to hear from you.