Laserr558 reborn. We are looking for Uk and US DJ's To stream live

Laser558

Hi

We have taken over the domain Laser558 | The UK's Number One Commercial Free All Hits Internet Radio Station. Playing Great Music 24 Hours A Day. and have launched our new station using original jingles and are currently broadcasting music checks until January 21014.

We are looking to take listeners back to the good ole pirate radio days of Laser558.

We require a number of DJ's who can stream in and broadcast live to our listeners.

The positions to start while in beta mode with be volunteers. We will however be looking for sponsorship/advertisers. However keeping the laser558 spirit alive we will broadcast at least 54 minutes of music in every hour...

If this interests you please contact studio@laser558.co.uk or reply below.

Many thanks

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
there's a blast from the past - good luck with it!

Although my current music tastes are more influenced by electronic dance genres (I do still have a soft spot for 80s synthpop/europop) and when I do do live shows they are of a different style I still remember growing up with 558, my only gripe being the relatively poor sound quality of MF transmissions (especially as I lived far more inland then!), so it would be excellent to hear that style of presentation but with modern internet radio quality.

even a lot of todays EDM based pirates would have been influenced by Laser 558, as our age group got inspired by what had happened out at sea..

Laser558

Thanks

Hi Alex

Yes great times they were ;) Thanks for the good luck message. We look forward to bringing a little bit of the laser558 magic back to radio in the new year...

Cheers
Rob

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is be a brilliant opportunity for many of the would be presenters I see posting on here, as unlike the 1980s you don't have to go to a not very seaworthy vessel in the North Sea, nor dodge the Communications Ministry of more than one country, nor be a USA / foreign citizen (British folk could not present shows easily on offshore stations, many seemed to have dual UK/Dutch nationality or hide in NL)

Although Laser wasn't 100% perfect and had the same problem of Radio Caroline in the 80s where some middle aged males controlled all the resources, until Laser came along and closed leaving a gap at 558, Caroline often sounded like "Dad's favourite pirate station" - Laser did at least seem to also accept the younger people would choose their own music from the and it seemed the younger presenters were given more leeway about how they put across their personalities and most had it just right without trying too hard to be "wacky" like BBC Radio 1.

TBH if you are not a dance music DJ who beat mixes and are trying to be like a "normal" radio station with more talking your presentation style will have been heavily influenced by Laser, even if you are way too young to remember it.

Laser558

Update

We are still in need of around 5 to 6 DJs to stream in and broadcast on the new Laser558 | The UK's Number One Commercial Free All Hits Internet Radio Station. Playing Great Music 24 Hours A Day. station to be launched late january 2014. We have started test broadcasts and our visitor numbers are growing.

We are looking for a mix of UK and US DJ's that can log into our stream and broadcast a slick show based around 70's and 80s music with the odd modern hit thrown in.

We are looking to replicate a little of the magic of the old days of Laser558.

To see the type of think we are looking to re-create please view this video: 80s Pirate Radio Laser 558 - YouTube

If this sounds like the opportunity for you please email us at: studio@laser558.co.uk

Thanks
Rob

Laser558

Still In Need Of DJs This Could Be Your Chance To Shine

We are still looking for US / Canadian presenters who can submit weekly shows to air.

Laser 558 started in 1984 broadcasting in the AM Band from a ship in the North Sea called the MV Communicator. It brought a new lease of life to the UK causing mayhem for the authorities and shaking up the bland, dull UK radio industry. The DJ's we're all US / Canadian providing a slick sounding pop station with the strap line, "your never more than a minute away from the music". The DJ's had short voice links every 2 or 3 tracks as the format focused on music from the chart and some oldies mixed in.

For more information about Laser 558's past go here

Go here to listen to some original recordings:

What we are looking for:

• US Bill Board Top 20 show
  • General CHR / AC Formatted shows with short links with at least 15 80's songs per hour
  • CHR / AC 80s Show 1 or 2 Hours
  • Sixties Sunday 2 Hour Show

Requirements:

*US/Canadian voice with natural sounds, not too much 'Jocky'

*One or more shows per week

The Laser558.co.uk stream will also be airing shows to Europe / USA from late January 2014 so a good opportunity to get some fan mail from around the world.

If you are interested, please email studio@laser558.co.uk explaining your programme idea and if possible some a short recording of your voice. No unedited shows, we want to hear YOU!

Thanks
Rob