Live Broadcast Problem

All of sudden today we have been unable to vroadcast live and this is from 2 seperate laptops / seperate IP addresses.

Any ideas Support? Has something changed that we didnt know about?

Earlier on on my laptop, The BUTT said it was connected, but the stream continued playing and the mic was not registering a decibel level.

My oppo is saying he is now having the same problem.

Help please, as we are planning on doing another live show tomorrow at 11am.

Thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Sorry to hear of your problems.

Nothing has been changed on your account and your server seems to be working correctly at the moment?

As you have an Icecast server, were you using the correct mountpoint for this in your BUTT settings (i.e /live)? If you are using the correct mountpoint it will automatically override your 'AutoDJ' stream.

The mic problem sounds as though its related to your set up / soundcard rather than any kind of server issue.

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
one "gotcha" which can affect both internal and external soundcards is the cable to the device coming adrift or connections being loose.

This can either cause the soundcard to assume the mic plugged into it is disconnected and stop the channel or switch to an internal mic on the laptop - or with a USB soundcard the software suddenly is trying to communicate with a soundcard which is no longer there - if the software doesn't crash altogether it will almost certainly need to be restarted.

various forms of cable management can be used to reduce this risk - don't underestimate the value of gaffer tape (and be careful not to create a situation where a snagged cable would haul the laptop over).

Last edited:
one "gotcha" which can affect both internal and external soundcards is the cable to the device coming adrift or connections being loose.

This can either cause the soundcard to assume the mic plugged into it is disconnected and stop the channel or switch to an internal mic on the laptop - or with a USB soundcard the software suddenly is trying to communicate with a soundcard which is no longer there - if the software doesn't crash altogether it will almost certainly need to be restarted.

various forms of cable management can be used to reduce this risk - don't underestimate the value of gaffer tape (and be careful not to create a situation where a snagged cable would haul the laptop over).

When are you coming to set our studio up?

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you were nearer I would already have offered, but its some distance away now quicker and cheaper to get to Holland than the North of England! Maybe if the next govt sorts out our country's once proud rail network I will, I like decent beer and there is plenty of it round your way

The Beers

That reminds me I was going to tell my mate "Scouse" (thats his screen name) about your station, not sure if he's a big footy fan but he must have relatives who are. Except he's nowhere near Liverpool or Suffolk but currently living with his partner in the Far East!

if you were nearer I would already have offered, but its some distance away now quicker and cheaper to get to Holland than the North of England! Maybe if the next govt sorts out our country's once proud rail network I will, I like decent beer and there is plenty of it round your way

The Beers

That reminds me I was going to tell my mate "Scouse" (thats his screen name) about your station, not sure if he's a big footy fan but he must have relatives who are. Except he's nowhere near Liverpool or Suffolk but currently living with his partner in the Far East!

My sister lives in Ipswich, so i have driven the road to nowhere (commonly known as the A14) frequently