Live phone in using a VMX100USB mixer.

I know there has been another thread, it has helped me greatly but there are other issues, I've just tested the VMX live and the response was great but then I tried it with a live call with my iphone and there was nothing except me talking on my mic, we could not hear the caller.

I connected the iphone to the headset jack on the VMX......this is probably wrong, should it have gone into the Mic jack, if so I'd have to use a mic splitter to speak back to the caller?

All feedback appreciated.......we're in the UK if that helps.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi rocketradio,

Please could you clarify which model you have exactly? There is a few versions of what we presume is a Behringer VMX mixer? Your issue here is that if it is one of their DJ mixers, it will usually only have one mic input which you already have your mic going into. This leaves you with no other input to connect the iphone. You do have the other channels on the mixer still, but this depends on if you are using any other DJ equipment and if they are already in use? You could try using the line inputs on one channel with a jack to phono cable.

Connecting it to the headphone jack is totally pointless as its an output and not an input. We would also recommend that you do not use any type of splitter for this. You really want these on separate channels for better control over the individual volumes.

Ideally you would be better of with a normal mixing desk with a few channels / inputs rather than a DJ mixer for this. But this depends on how you run your overall set up and what other DJ equipment you have.