Major streaming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpio4646

Hi Guys
I have set up IR for a friend
He is using winamp with the dsp plugin.

We are having major problems with the encoder dropping the stream and then reconnecting (error server down)

I get this error 2 or 3 times a day

I get error message saying "receiving authorization response"

it trys to reconnect i.e connecting 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 then nothing and goes through this loop until I press disconect and connect

I have the connect at start up box ticked
and the automatcic reconnection on connnectin failure box ticked

any ideas

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Scorpio. What account is this ? We will have a look and get back to you.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have had a look and the server appears to be responding fine. Can you test it again for us and let us know how you get on ?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Scorpio. We have been monitoring this and it seems to have been fixed now. The server hasnt gone down since so you should be fine now. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We had an unscheduled server reboot by a provider which caused the server to go down briefly. Apologies once again.

scorpio4646

Ok the sever has been ok since my last post last week but now it has started dropping again. Can you look into this as it is a MAJOR problem for us

Thanks

scorpio4646

well we still have the same problem. mainly that when it drops the DSP plug-in wont reconnect. I have to click abort and then connect manually. Have checked all the setting and also had a telephone engineer check the line and router. There doesnt seem to be a problem at this end. Anyone else had simiar problems. He is getting desperate now as this is a comercial station, and he's thinking of cancelling his account. I dont want him to do this as I link int his station for my live shows
:(

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Scorpio. We have checked our event logs and the server has remained up. The last time it went down was 2 weeks ago when the reboot occured. Its strange that it doesn't reconnect. What encoder are you using ?

Also could you tell us what time this happened so we can go back into more detail in the server log files ?

scorpio4646

we are using winamp with the dsp plugin/encoders. I will try to find out the exact time of the drop off, but the main problem is that when it does drop off it wont auto reconnect. and we have to do it manually. Obviously if we are not in the studio we will not be reconnected until the studio is manned. So it could be down for several hours

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
This sounds like an issue with the encoder if it doesn't auto-reconnect. We understand the problem and it should be possible to auto-reconnect when there might be some issue with the internet connection to the server. Is the auto-reconnect box ticked and does it have a positive value for the reconnect seconds ? You could try changing the reconnect seconds to another number to see if this helps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.