Mixxx/lame_enc.dll

GeminiRadio

I am trying to sort the mp3 encoder for Mixx to use with Shoutcast.....I am getting the message that the encoder is not on my system,I can see it on the laptop,in the same place as Mixxx is..but it doesnt want to work.I have read the sticky on Mixxx.Is there anyone on here that could maybe give me a bit of a helping hand,unziping files would be new to me...I am going wrong somewhere:)...Thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
If you have a look at the following guide you will find a section on installing the lame encoder for Mixxx. http://forum.internet-radio.com/gui...-software-both-shoutcast-icecast-servers.html

It is important that you select the correct one for your operating system.

You just need to then right click on the zip file once downloaded and then select "Extract All". Or just double click the zip file and drag the contents to your desired location.

GeminiRadio

If you have a look at the following guide you will find a section on installing the lame encoder for Mixxx. http://forum.internet-radio.com/gui...-software-both-shoutcast-icecast-servers.html

It is important that you select the correct one for your operating system.

You just need to then right click on the zip file once downloaded and then select "Extract All". Or just double click the zip file and drag the contents to your desired location.

Iam back again:). When I downloaded and renamed the file with winzip,which I used to open the file,.I got extract options[didnt get extract all option]...I was thinking I should choose the extract to folder option?I cant come across an option to extract to Mixxx option.....I thank you for your patience and replies:)...J
:)...

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
You don't need to rename the zip file? But anyway, just extract this anywhere that you wish, you can use the "extract to folder" option for this. Once this is extracted you just need to cut and paste the lame .dll file from this folder it was extracted into over to the Mixxx folder. Or you could just point winzip's extract destination path to the Mixxx folders location.

Its probably easier to just open the zip file by double clicking on it and then dragging the file directly from there into the Mixxx folder which is open in a another window.

GeminiRadio

I think I may have it right,when I click on the lame encoder,it says its in the c\programmes\files\mixxx,but when I click enable broadcast on the mixxx,I still get that message to download lame to the system??? I will keep trying...Happy Christmas to the support team on the forum and the members:)