more than 30 seconds buffering time when play audio

DineshKumar

i am trying to integrate audio stream in android device with native android app, i have done and app is ready but issue is player taking so much time to load. Its taking more than 30 seconds buffering time, i.e. not acceptable for my client.

i have tired with jPlayer and flash player. Flash player only works in few devices while jPlayer is not working at all.

jPlayer always shows error "no source connected" in Mozilla Firefox, but working fine in chrome browser.

Is there a way so we can integrate audio stream in android device that can run without delay.

Demo

I always had my app set to 30 seconds using Tune In so to avoid so many cut outs within the stream.
Android can be slower. The faster you do try to listen without buffer then you can get issues.
Your Client states that it is NOT Acceptable because of the buffer.
Personally I would tell him to live with it as there is no real fix without any issues. A lot of mobile devices have this issue which could be caused by internet connection speeds of the device.
And is 30 seconds really going to make a massive impact to your client?? I don't think so.

Im sure Support will put me right if im wrong ;)

Last edited:

DineshKumar

Hi Thanks for reply and suggestion, but 30 seconds is NOT acceptable because there are lot of competitive apps available that takes only 1 to 3 seconds in connecting. Also web player we integrate into our website is also take a just 1 second to start playing, than client says why so much buffering time for android app?. However if Jplayer work perfectly in all device than i can integrate it in my app, but jPlayer only works in Chrome but not in any android devices.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
i also tired with connecting support team, they taking more than 24Hours, to reply single mail.

We replied to your email yesterday morning (Saturday AM UK time) which was less than 24 hours after you sent it. You should check your Spam folder just in case it landed there. We will forward the email again for you anyway so that you can see the time that it was originally sent at.

Hi Thanks for reply and suggestion, but 30 seconds is NOT acceptable because there are lot of competitive apps available that takes only 1 to 3 seconds in connecting. Also web player we integrate into our website is also take a just 1 second to start playing, than client says why so much buffering time for android app?. However if Jplayer work perfectly in all device than i can integrate it in my app, but jPlayer only works in Chrome but not in any android devices.

We cannot support your app for you. Jplayer does work with all operating systems and browsers as can be seen here: http://jplayer.org/
  • Windows: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera
  • Windows (legacy): IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11
  • OSX: Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera
  • iOS: Mobile Safari: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
  • Android: Android 2.3 Browser
  • Blackberry: OS 7 Phone Browser, PlayBook Browser