Moved house and now my internet radio doesn't work - can you help

Matt

I've moved house and my Tevion Reciva Internet radio, which worked just fine previously, now won't work. I've obviously got a new Internet connect and Sky is my new supplier. The radio identifies my wireless account but then when I entered the key as requested (and I've tried both password and PIN that Sky provides as it doesnt list a key) it tries to connect but ends up saying 'wireless connection timeout'.

I'm at a loss as to what the problem might be. Can you help?

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
firstly you might have got the "wrong" forum as usually the folk on here transmit internet radio rather than receive it, but I can't see any harm in helping listeners tune in as ultimately it helps everyone :)

what has most probably happened here is your device is expecting a hex key and you have a ASCII password from your router. especially as a standalone internet radio is more likely to have a smaller keypad than a computer or mobile phone..

a hex key has only digits 0-9 and A-F whereas ASCII has just about any character on your keyboard.

various online utilities exist to convert between them (the usual security caveats apply about doing this), though given the utilities must be used by half the world its unlikely it would be feasible to use them to hack invidivual routers when other software exists..