My stream keeps disconnecting me.

Harley Swan

Can someone from Internet-radio enlighten me, as to WHY my stream ALWAYS cuts out. As in, always disconnects, and takes ages to reconnect?

This is annoying, once my chatroom bots read from the stream I have with you guys!!

I always get "Disconnected (10053)" on SAM. This is NOT from my connection, I feel this is to you. Because I use 2 streams to broadcast. Yet I always get that message on the stream i have with Internet-radio!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Harley Swan,

What is your account name with us please?

A "Disconnected (10053)" error is usually related to a local network error. So its likely to be a firewall issue rather than an issue with your server itself.

It could also be due to some packet loss or not getting a good signal if you are connecting over WIFI.

Here are some things to try out:

http://forum.internet-radio.com/guides/535-how-use-mtr-tool-analyse-network-problems.html
http://forum.internet-radio.com/faq/18-my-radio-buffering-skipping.html

Harley Swan

Its happening right now.

Im also getting "Disconnect (10054)" "Disconnect (10060)"

My username is killtechnz

When the stream goes down, your website, DOES NOT LOAD either., and if it does load, it takes 5 minutes to open ONE page.

You can not say its my internet connection. As im on 60mbps down.

Please look into this, and update me asap. This is not acceptable.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We just tuned into your stream and it seems to be working fine for us this end now.

Its strange as there have been no other reported issues with uk1.internet-radio.com and it has had 100% uptime. Nor has there been any issues with our website.

We have however noticed that you are currently streaming at 16kbps in Mono while you server is configured for 18kbps Stereo as per your subscription. We suggest streaming at the correct bitrate as configured for your stream. So with a bitrate of 18kbps, a sample rate of 44.1khz and the number of channels should be in Stereo.

Even with a 60mb connection, your firewall settings could be the problem regardless. If you google those error codes yourself, you will find on the Spacial website and other places that these are usually related to firewall settings and also even out-dated versions of SAM.

Is there any chance you can send us a screen shot of your settings in SAM please?

Is your version of SAM up to date, you may need to update it?

Have you tried re-installing SAM and also restarting your server with us?

Harley Swan

Hi there.

I have SAM 4.9.0.
I rebooted the server yesterday. Went fine until today.
With the bit rate. SAM only has 16, 24, 32, 40... No 18, so that is why I broadcast at 16kbps.
Highest sample rate is 24khz (thats even when I select Stereo as the mode)
What settings do you want to see within my SAM?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Right OK, we have not used SAM in a while so we didn't realise that you can only set it to 16kbps. In that case, we have temporarily changed your servers settings to 16kbps for you. So see how that works for you. Also, make sure its in 'Stereo' and not 'Mono'.

In regards to your software version, its worth checking that its the latest update.

We just wanted to see your general server settings really, just to make sure that you are entering all the correct details.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes, we changed your servers bitrate for you as mentioned above. We had to restart the server for the changes to fully take effect.

GMC

SAM Errors

Disconnect (10054)

• When resetting your stream this error will show up. Restart and wait about 1 or 2 minutes.
  • Try to shut down SAM and SHOUTcast server and restart.

Disconnect (10060) - Not connecting to stream host
  • Is the IP address prefixed with http// in your encoder settings: please remove.
  • Are outgoing connections allowed by the SAM computer? Check your Firewall
  • Do not use a wireless connection, use an Ethernet connection.