need to embed player on website

radio-newbe

Hi everyone
I am currently looking after a website for a local football club, I am not inany way qualified to do so but someone had to try, all going well until theydecided to run an internet radio, signed up to "internet Radio" onPAYG, installed Sam Broadcaster, and downloaded shoutcast.
my problem is i cant get a player on the website, have tried embedding windowsplayer (following code from here) but it will not work,
can anyone point me to a page where it doesn’t talk all teccy stuff and is easyto follow and understand.
Sorry for seeming a bit dim, but then again i probably am.....

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Perhaps you could point us to where you have put the 'Windows Media Player' code and we could take a look over this for you? Could you also provide your account name please.

Alternatively, in your control panel under 'code snippets' is some javascript code that you can simply just copy and paste into your website so that you can display information about your radio station. This includes 'tune in' links for the various media players available.

Or another alternative is that you could install a flash player on your site. We would recommend to you the FFMP3 flash player. FFMp3 :: - The Flash MP3/OGG Live Stream Player! - haXed You will need to use the HTML code generator on the site which can be found here. Once you have the HTML code, simply copy this code into your website. 8)

Jack Wilkerson

FFMp3

Or another alternative is that you could install a flash player on your site. We would recommend to you the FFMP3 flash player. FFMp3 :: - The Flash MP3/OGG Live Stream Player! - haXed You will need to use the HTML code generator on the site which can be found here. Once you have the HTML code, simply copy this code into your website. 8)[/QUOTE]

Hello, I am new to Internet Radio. I have the autodj working and the music is playing. However, I am unable to put this on my website. I have tried using the FFMp3 but I think I am putting the wrong stream info in. Can someone help me please.

Jack Wilkerson

Thanks

Hi Jack, we have responded to the email that you have sent to us. :)

You guys are awesome!!! I know this is all my fault! :) When I go to the FFMp3 site and place my stream link there it will not play. I copy it over to my site and all I get is a white box. I know this is something that I am doing wrong.

Update: I tried adding the stream http://uk2.internet-radio.com:31007/ url to Radio Tuna and it says this. No streams discovered at the supplied url. I just now saw where Radio Tuna does not support Icecast. Can I switch to a Shoutcast server?

Update: I canceled my subscription. Can you delete the account so I can start over fresh?

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
You guys are awesome!!! I know this is all my fault! :) When I go to the FFMp3 site and place my stream link there it will not play. I copy it over to my site and all I get is a white box. I know this is something that I am doing wrong.

Update: I tried adding the stream Radio Server Control Panel url to Radio Tuna and it says this. No streams discovered at the supplied url. I just now saw where Radio Tuna does not support Icecast. Can I switch to a Shoutcast server?

Update: I canceled my subscription. Can you delete the account so I can start over fresh?

Thanks for the kind words. 8)

The FFMP3 problem sounds like it could be possibly related to a skin issue. Did you hear any sound coming from the player even though it displayed as a white box?

We have already received notification that you have cancelled the Icecast account and we have also noticed that you have since created a new Shoutcast account. Again, we have replied to the email that you have sent to us anyway. :)

If your using flash AAC+v2, Icecast2 is the way to go, short of a flash media server.

It takes a little magic to encode the player, and some hosting of the SWF file on your own site, but once you get good at it, you can do some pretty cool stuff. You don't have to host the player from the site.

But to keep it simple and quick, GO with a launch script.

If you don't know how to set it up, just shoot me the file. I can also encode intro files that you host on your server (basically, it plays a file like"your listening to X radio, then kicks over to the stream)