PAYG Bandwidth

If we go with this (say 30 GB), with a 24/7 feed at 128kbps, with an average of 5 hours listening per day how long would the bandwidth purchased last?

I am looking at costing a 3 month trial in the most effective way and trying to decide whether a monthly package inclusive of licence fees is worth commiting too.....

many thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi srdrockradioshow.

None of our radio servers include any sort of license fees. The best way for you to work out the actual cost (bearing in mind the listener count fluctuates and people have a tendancy to over estimate their listener numbers) is to sign up for a pay as you go server and have a play. We can always convert you to a monthly system afterwards and if for any reason you are not 100% happy we will refund your money. :)

Hi srdrockradioshow.

None of our radio servers include any sort of license fees. The best way for you to work out the actual cost (bearing in mind the listener count fluctuates and people have a tendancy to over estimate their listener numbers) is to sign up for a pay as you go server and have a play. We can always convert you to a monthly system afterwards and if for any reason you are not 100% happy we will refund your money. :)

Thanks for that, I realise your packages don't cater for the licences, what I want is a reasonable projection for the length of time a PAYG package would last.

The situation I have is all content that can be programmed into a schedule is saved at 128kbps.
If 30Gb bandwidth was purchased with a 24/7 stream if there are no listeners does that use any bandwidth or is it only used when listeners connect?
If there was an average of 5 hours listening per day how long would 30Gb last?
Because it will not be my money I am spending I need to be able to give acceptable and logical cost projections.
The reason I am enquiring here is that there are advantages with taking licence fees independently of a streaming contract and that you offer a PAYG option as well as monthly contracts.

I hope that is explained a little better than before :)

Many thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
The situation I have is all content that can be programmed into a schedule is saved at 128kbps.
If 30Gb bandwidth was purchased with a 24/7 stream if there are no listeners does that use any bandwidth or is it only used when listeners connect?

Its only when listeners connect. So if there are no listeners you spend no bandwidth.

If there was an average of 5 hours listening per day how long would 30Gb last?
Because it will not be my money I am spending I need to be able to give acceptable and logical cost projections.
The reason I am enquiring here is that there are advantages with taking licence fees independently of a streaming contract and that you offer a PAYG option as well as monthly contracts.

I hope that is explained a little better than before :)

Many thanks

1 listener connected for 5 hours at 128 kbps would use up 0.05 GB
or 56.25 MB costing £0.03. Bear in mind that we also offer discounts up to 33% on higher bandwidth purchases so it would work out cheaper.

Hope this helps explain :)

That's great.

If I estimate that 30GB is the equivalent of 3000 "listener hours" at 128kbps that gives me the guidance I need to be able to express it.

cCnfirming that no connection is essentially "free" also helps.

(You will understand there is a certain amount of "selling" of the concept that needs to be done where trustees/committees are involved :) 8)

thanks again

Ian