sam broadcaster+ icecast2 configiuration

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi there,

The following guide will provide you with the basics for setting this up: http://forum.internet-radio.com/guides/85-configuring-sam-broadcaster-shoutcast-servers.html

However, the guide is for configuring SAM with Shoutcast servers, to alter this for use with Icecast servers, you just need to select 'Icecast' on the 'Server Type' tab instead and then we recommend that you use the mount point of "/live".

We are not sure of your account name with us? So you will need to provide us with this in order for us to give you the IP (or Hostname) and the Port of your server. :)

slimdiallo

i do thats so not functione

error message is: unable to conect to the server invalide password, authentification requiere

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Whats your account name please, or do you host elsewhere? If so, we recommend contacting your own service provider for assistance with this. But it seems as though your password that you are using is incorrect.

slimdiallo

is host the solution on my own server
username is mount1 , mountname : mount1 password : XXXXX* port: 8010

if u want i givs u the server ip

(*Edited by Support for your own security ;))

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm assuming here you have you got the icecast server running correct on the machine you are trying to connect to?

then there should be some sort of system logs which will show if your end with the sam broadcaster is connecting. for icecast there are files error.log and access.log

look in these. and hopefully you can unearth why something is not working. check if you even have a network route to that server using ping or other tools.

I would not suggest posting your server IP and the passwords to the whole Internet, very bad things could happen there (for instance someone might hijack the server for content illegal to broadcast in your country, and then you could get in trouble!) I'm also assuming that the icecast server is in somewhere like a proper data centre and not in your house. That won't work very well either, unless you have a lot of upstream bandwidth on your internet connection (and not adviseable unless your ISP permits it and you have good security kit!)

you need to work with the people who set up the icecast server. If you have done it yourself and have got into a pickle, then find some friends who know about computers to help and teach you if they don't want to do this all the time. It can be difficult - its not impossible but just like learning another language or to drive a car (something I am myself doing at a later stage in life as I didn't when I was younger) it takes time and patience. At least with computers and Internet there are slightly less rules than the real street, and a crash doesn't hurt you or other people!

alternatively its not that expensive to rent the servers from here, and you get access to special websites which make it far easier to connect your icecast encoder and broadcast to more people and not deal so much with the complex computer stuff. (I don't get paid for advertising the service, just that the folk who run it have worked closely with a popular station I help out with).