scheduled broadcast...

radiodad

hi,

looking to launch a station in the coming months, i was wondering if there is an app for windows somewhere that will allow a scheduled connection to a shoutcast server and then basically hijack the main audio output of that PC and fire it up to the internet.

Say I had a live DJ from 4pm to 6pm, then I could schedule an automated show from a PC in my office to just play back to back music. The app on there will automagically connect at 6pm until whenever.

I believe you can do this with SAM Broadcaster I believe but I already have an app on a PC that is capable of providing the audio, I just need the scheduling bit.

Any help much appreciated!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi radiodad,

We are not aware of any such app? Maybe some of our other users are though?

But you may wish to take a look at our Icecast Servers and also the Auto DJ feature which is capable of such requirements. Shoutcast servers require an automated playlist to be manually enabled after a live stream while this is done automatically with Icecast servers.

You may wish to consider SAM Broadcaster if not.

We hope this helps. :)

realdanceradio

Sam does this perfectly, i loaunch may different playlists or live dj's using sam4 with no problems, IM me if you want help/advice :)