Sound Keeps Cutting Out

castlist

Hi,

I'm in the middle of creating my site at Castlist Radio and everything has been running very smoothly for the last few days.

However, I've just resumed testing and the stream is cutting out every couple of seconds - eg it plays for two seconds, then stops for two seconds, then plays for two seconds etc...

The weird thing is that this only seems to happen using the flash player (if you click the launch button in the top left corner of the site, you will see what I mean).

If I listen to the stream through iTunes, Winamp etc... then the sound is absolutely fine.

Please help - I've not done anything on the server which would cause the flash player to start acting like this - as I mentioned already, it's just started doing this for no apparent reason whatsoever.

:eek:

castlist

Hi Castlist

The flash player (to be honest) is not the best way of streaming your radio. It can be buggy. Have you upgraded your flash recently ? if not are you running the latest version.

If there is still no joy we recommend this flash player for your website instead : FFMp3 :: - The Flash MP3/OGG Live Stream Player! - haXed Give it a go.

Actually the FFMp3 is what I'm using on my site - it was working perfectly and now for no reason whatsoever, it's going strange. Any recommendations?

castlist

Okay, I've solved the problem and it might be something the other users might be interested in.

It turned out that the sound was going all jerky because of the intro file I used. Even though this was the same bitrate as the stream, the Flash player hated it.

I've now removed the intro file and things are working again!
:rofl:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Excellent. It sounds like the intro file may have differed in samplerate or channels (even if the bitrate is the same). Glad you figured it out. :)