Statistics are not displayed correctly

belradio123

I see that for several days the statistics show 1 listener, although I see listeners in real time many times more. What's wrong?

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 013 - Centova Cast - control.internet-radio.com.jpg
    FireShot Capture 013 - Centova Cast - control.internet-radio.com.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 359

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi belradio123,

Please be aware that the report stats are not in real-time. They are updated every morning UK time. So if you look at those same custom dates again today you will see the correct stats. You were trying to look at yesterday's stats (the 30th) and these would not have been generated until today (the 1st). I hope that makes sense.

stats.png

Energy1058

not sure if it's the same issue but on my server the live count is diffrent to the internet-radio stats page but not all the time any idea why theses are diffrent?

Attachments

• Stats 2.jpg
    Stats 2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Energy1058,

You are likely just seeing a slight delay in the directory's listener numbers updating on the web page. There is a small delay of around 10 seconds but if you were to refresh the page again after this time you should see that the numbers match up unless of course other listeners connected/disconnected during that time.

For your real-time stats, you should go by what you are seeing in your Centova control panel.

Energy1058

thanks for the reply. i did notice one day i saw 35 listeners on the internet radio site but when i checked on centova history the next day it said i only had a maximum of 30. i was thinking that being listed on the directory is allowing listeners to stream from diffrent sources making that number diffrent to the centova panel that countes listener listnening via my webiste hence the diffrence in figures but i dont think this is the case. i might be over thinking it but i just cant seem to get my head round it as i cant find any info that will give me a definitive anwser.
Thanks again.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
The listeners, regardless of where they connect from, are all connecting to the same stream URL.

I can't explain with a definitive answer why you saw 35 and then 30 the next day in your stats as unfortunately you do not host with us and I can't check over your control panel. But the listener numbers displayed are pulled from your Shoutcast servers status page here: http://tachyon.shoutca.st:8590/index.html?sid=1

But as you host with another provider, there is always going to be a slight delay in the listener numbers updating on your listing with us.