Streaming at more the one bit rate

justvibe

Hi

We stream live exclusive Garage, exclusive Old School, exclusive Drum And Bass, exclusive Hard House, exclusive House, exclusive Electro, exclusive Jungle, exclusive Techno, exclusive Classics R&B, exclusive Hip Hop, exclusive Dubstep, exclusive Grime.

What i wont to know is how would i stream at 192kbps and have an option so the people tuned in can pick there streaming i.e at 192kbps, 128 kbps, or 64kbps.

Thanks
Just Vibe Radio

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We recommend contacting your service provider. As you do not host with us we cannot assist you with this we are afraid. :)

D

DiscoDave

As far as I know, this can only be done using a Real Audio Sure Stream, but I could be wrong. Failing that you'll just have to stream more than one stream at different bit rates. We have 2 streams going out, one at 192Kps and a second at 32Kbps.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
hi this would not work because a dj can only connect to one stream but it would work for auto dj

DJ's can connect to more than one server at the same time. Streaming multiple bitrates is usually achieved by either :

(Simplest method) Use the encoder to encode to two servers (or mountpoints) at different bitrates while streaming live.

(More advanced) A stream transcoder can pull a relay from a server and transcode it to a lower bitrate and send it to a second server.

justvibe

HI and thanks for the reply

ok how is this done

(Simplest method) Use the encoder to encode to two servers (or mountpoints) at different bitrates while streaming live.

i get that i would make more then one stream at what ever bite rate but what next and by encoder do you mean the config file?

Thanks
Just Vibe Garage Radio

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Most encoders (i.e. Edcast / Shoutcast DSP) allow you to connect to two (or more) servers when you are streaming. Essentially you would need more than one server to stream to (if using shoutcast).

You would set two different bitrates one for each server inside the encoder settings and then you have two servers at different bitrates.

Hope this makes sense. If not, explain what you dont understand and perhaps a bit about your setup.