Streaming problem - break up of audio

radiosegura

We've been test broadcasting for a week with no problem however today the audio is stuttering when played back form the default radio web page but seems to be better when played back in standalone players. Server has been restarted and most of the files are the same. I've turned down the bandwidth to 64kb but it doesn't seem to make any difference. BBC is streaming fine so this end seems ok.

Any ideas?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi there, yes we are experiencing stuttering when listening to the radio on your start page (Radiosegura), yet it works fine in a stand alone player?

Everything appears to be ok on your account. Is this problem only with live broadcasts? Which encoder are you using to stream?

Its worth also noting that your streaming bitrate needs to be the same bitrate as your subscription. Also we noticed that you have an intro file, we have had users who have had similair problems when the intro file was at a different samplerate/ bitrate and in mono. Have you tried disabling the intro file to see if this makes a difference?

radiosegura

I've taken the intro and end files off and its now OK although the files do seem to be all right the only thing I can think is that the mono mic may have been encoded as mono.

I'm using Virtual DJ to stream.

We are experiencing issues when trying to connect in - its not seamless and does cause the stream to stop or at least the player needs to be refreshed. Would IceCast be better for a mix of pre-record and live?