Syndicated radio show - the Legends of the Rocking Dutchman

rockingdutchman

The Legends of the Rocking Dutchman is a series of one-hour syndicated programs that showcases thirties to fifties Rhythm & Blues with in-depth information on the artists, songs, record labels, but I also place it in the social context of the African American, where segregation, discrimination, social disintegration and poverty ruled everyday life. Some shows are themed, with subjects like booze songs, the great saxmen, saucy and humorous lyrics, the number ones on the R&B hit lists, record labels or important historical events or people in R&B; others are unthemed with an emphasis on the music and the artists. Music to speech ratio is about 80:20.

The show has no connection or references to dates or actualities and therefore can be aired any time of the week or the year. I already produced more than 105 shows, to be able to fit in a weekly schedule for over two years, but you can choose to broadcast them at another frequency if you want to. The shows are only loosely sequenced. I have alternative shows for radio stations whose license does not allow for more than three numbers of one artist at the same time.

On the program's web site you will find all information on the show including all yet produced episodes and a sample show. The Legends are currently being aired on WOYW (oldiesyourway.com) of Kissimmee, FL; Oldies Alternative of Missisauga, Ontario; Reggae World Music from Hollywood, FL; Peachtree FM of Atlanta, GA, and Blues Vocal Harmony Radio of Philadelphis, PA. Also I've done live guest appearances on WSLR of Sarasota, FL for several times.

Thank you for your interest and I'm looking forward to have the show aired on your station.

[Note: I placed this in the forum Volunteering instead of Shows as my main objective is to get on new radio stations. I hope I did the right thing.]

Last edited: