Uplink Software

Cashpot

There are obviously selections on line but it would be helpful if users could recommend suitable software to use instead of Winamp - which works ok but is really annotying me as it just will not save the configuration. When my upload computer restarts itself I have to manually re-enter the connection speed etc.I know others have this problem and I also know that I am not alone. Their suggested work arounds and cures just will not work.

There must be some suitable free software out there that plays various trackls and then uploads them to Shoutcast - I can't afford the £200 that one of the companies is asking - however good the software it is just too much in my opinion. I have tried looking for older versions that can be made free but without success.

I will start by suggesting Direttore which is excellent free playout, but not upload, software.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
This is a good idea for users to suggest alternative software. Perhaps some of our users would like to write a mini-guide on how to use it with their server.

Other software that comes to mind is Edcast : http://www.oddsock.org/tools/edcast/

It contains a standalone and winamp version and saves the settings. Im not sure why shoutcast DSP does this for you. I wonder if perhaps you need to close it down independently of Winamp for it to save the changes ?

Cashpot

Direttoire has been renamed Mixtime (mixtime.com), it is to be recommended as far as it goes - which is to automatically play selected tracks from differnt groups at a specific time.

Although somewhat idiosyncratic to set up it has a clear display - beware it is rather processor hungry especially as it can have up to four mp3 players running simmultaneously!

HoddzDJ

I must admit Winamp doesn't save the settings for me or any of my staff, it has to be entered manually every time, it has been bugging me for a while but I also seen the Edcast software that was posted up on here, and feel that saves the settings. I am yet to broadcast with it, but I would use the standalone version simply because I have an external hardware set-up (see signature) and so I don't mix using software on my PC.

As for saying £200 is too much, it all depends how badly you need the settings. I used to have Spacial Audio's SAM Broadcaster, and felt it was worth every penny. For the software that it is, and the things you can do with it... it's very powerful.
Keeping on the Spacial Audio side of things, they do a FREE (yes, FREE!) plugin for Winamp, that saves the settings as far as I know. You can find out more and download the plugin right now, just use the links below...
More Info - SpacialAudio Solutions, LLC - Winamp
Download - http://download.spacialaudio.com/download/dsp_sam_encoders.exe

Should you require any further assistance, feel free to come back and post up for help in the appropriate section of the forum!!