Urgent question

Hi there, we are a radio station for supporters of Liverpool FC and the club is on a tour of north america now.

A mate of mine has been recording various things on his IPhone for us from the tour. I have dragged / dropped them into my itunes and converted them to MP3.

So far so good.

I then uploaded them into media library as per.

I listened to previews of them from within the media library - absolutely fine.

I played the playlist - disaster - the recordings came through to the listeners like pinky & perky.

Gutted - any idea why this would happen?

That sounds like an file type error.

What I would do is re-incode it just to make sure their is no file type issue. Take audacity, turn off all your external recording devices, and record the audio off another player to audacity with the correct file settings. Then listen.

I know making a copy isn't your preference of choice, but it's effective. Their are companys as well that professionally stream rip you and sell your copy back to you. As well, Mark Ramsey recently did an interview with the creator of the MP3 who is setting up a service for just this.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi there, we are a radio station for supporters of Liverpool FC and the club is on a tour of north america now.

A mate of mine has been recording various things on his IPhone for us from the tour. I have dragged / dropped them into my itunes and converted them to MP3.

So far so good.

I then uploaded them into media library as per.

I listened to previews of them from within the media library - absolutely fine.

I played the playlist - disaster - the recordings came through to the listeners like pinky & perky.

Gutted - any idea why this would happen?

We recommend re-encoding the files as well: http://forum.internet-radio.com/guides/5471-encoding-tracks-auto-dj-audacity.html

And if this still fails, follow Roberts advice and just record them to a new file. 8)

Ok have installed audacity and LAME.

Dragged and dropped a recording into audacity and got an error message saying that the recording was in AAC and needs to be converted to WAV or AIFF.

Any software to do this?

It's ok, i got it working.

excellent advice / support as usual!