User details

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Scorpio. I wouldn't say normal but it is possible someone connected to you 5 times. Its also possible (although unlikely) that several users are using the same IP and listening to your station. You can kick users via the 'Server Administration' option in the control panel. Use the 'Admin Login' link where you can kick users. See http://forum.internet-radio.org.uk/faq/29-how-do-i-login-shoutcast-admin-login-area.html for details on logging into this 'Admin' area.

scorpio4646

Thanks for the reply. Kicking users isnt the same as banning them is it, coz they might be genuine listeners. It's not you guys logging in to get me to use my bandwidth quicker so I have to buy more is it:p

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
hehehe :D We only tune in to stations when we are testing and only make 1 connection so no its not us.

Thanks for the reply. Kicking users isnt the same as banning them is it, coz they might be genuine listeners. It's not you guys logging in to get me to use my bandwidth quicker so I have to buy more is it:p

Ahh yes this is likely with flash players etc.. They get their connection from the website IP.

Ah sorted it that was the ip of my host in uk that is why there were so many logged in thru my website. DUH!!!!!:nerd:

D

DiscoDave

Glad you've sussed it out :)

You have to remember also that any users on the same network and connecting via a router will all show up as having the same IP address. Where I work there are about 250 employees - because they all connect to the Internet via the same gateway they all show up as having the one IP address although their individial PCs are assigned different addresses via the DHCP server. Network Address Translation :)

D

DiscoDave

Yeah dance and disco is really my favourite type of music. Didn't get your reply though until after your show was over - apologies. Will try and listen in next time you're on. I'm on Sat nights from 6-8pm.