Website Design

D

DiscoDave

Anyone know a good free website template or CMS? We're looking to re-design our site and possibly get someone to actually manage the site for us. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

MaxDance.co.uk

Hi mate!
Well i do web design (and web hosting).. while i don't work for free i am sure we can come up with something..

Let me know what you're looking for, PM me ;)

Look forward to see what we can come up with!

Regards,
Juan

Last edited:

MaxDance.co.uk

Hey!
Yeah WordPress is good (so i am told, never used it).

Joomla is also a decent CMS, and i have used this before and still do, but always advise in spending some cash (do not need to spend much) on a custom design.. makes your website stand out more rather than using pre-designed templates that are available for anyone to use, many Joomla users opt for custom design and you really can't tell its a free CMS in use after hehe.

Juan @MaxDance

totalbikerfm

I would say to avoid Joomla as there are so many hackers out there. You have to be constantly updating the security on there and then update all the add-ons too.

We have built our station website in word-press and just used a simple template and edited it to our liking.

As for managing the site, we post on the website a few times a day and rarely have to do anything major now we have it how we want it.

This is our website Total Biker FM and it cost nothing to set up just using wordpress plugins.

JSerena

Hi,

yeah wordpress its a great platform to use for your website, I use it myself and highly recommend it. CMS is good as well but wordpress is definitely more accesible than CMS.

DJ Richie D

I use the smf forums.

The reason for this is because I have used them for 3 years now and see any reason as to why I should change to a different one.