What music can be played?

Trombones13

I know about licensing and paying royalties; that's covered. :) What I'm curious about is obtaining music from different sources. For example, there's a band that I and several listeners like from Europe whose music isn't available in the US. Is it OK for one of my European listeners to purchase that album (digitally or physically?) for me and then I can broadcast songs from it? If not, would there be any way to make that work?

Thanks for your help!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Good question :) Unfortunately we don't know the answer but hopefully one of our forum users will jump in and advise you.

Trombones13

Thanks! :)

(p.s. if it matters, I don't have hosting through here...I'm just reaching out to a couple of internet radio communities :D)

jamiew1993

According to my knowlege if your friend was too buy it in say England and he was to play it on your radio in the U.S.A then that is fine... But If you Play it on your computer is the U.S.A then as for as i know you cant

Reason being a C.D has agreement on the back on it.. Even if you take it over the other side of the world the aggrement still stands. Then the C.D would not have the correct agreement for your country thus no agreement = no play

Hope it helps its complicated but i hope you got it :)