Young DJ - Advise on where I should start?

Callum Haynes

Young DJ - Advice on where I should start?

Hi there,

My name is Callum Haynes, I'm currently 16 moving on to 17, and really I have an interest within broadcasting and entertainment. My main talent is within motion graphics and video editing, however I do have an urge to broadcast music over a stream-base. I've recently been to a few festivals and had a thought upon volunteering to become an assistant DJ, non-paid of course, I'd rather DJ as a volunteer because there's more of chance of you getting in and also I'd rather do it so I can be happy with myself.

I'm not an 'expensive' guy, I don't have every single piece of kit you can find on the internet, however I do have the knowledge and skills of running a software, selecting tracks, speaking clearly into a microphone, having a good laugh and of course, playing the music that everyone loves - well hopefully 'everyone'.

I'm wondering if there's any experienced DJ's or veterans upon this site that could guide me to my birth place of becoming a radio DJ, of course voluntary, because I don't tend on becoming a permanent DJ, I'm also interesting in being a DJ for my local festivals (Burton-Upon-Trent, to be specific), and I need to know who to ask if I were to try and get my foot in the door.

Like I said, voluntary, not permanent. My dream is to become a business leader, but to pass the time of bordem where I could be doing something for local communities and having fun at the same time.

Also, I was wondering if there's a way of me getting myself on the internet as a radio DJ. A young lad like myself who has minimal experience within radio, but a lot in YouTube and other voice based tasks.

If anyone needs a copy of my CV, then don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks in advance everyone,
Anything is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi there,

My name is Callum Haynes, I'm currently 16 moving on to 17, and really I have an interest within broadcasting and entertainment. My main talent is within motion graphics and video editing, however I do have an urge to broadcast music over a stream-base. I've recently been to a few festivals and had a thought upon volunteering to become an assistant DJ, non-paid of course, I'd rather DJ as a volunteer because there's more of chance of you getting in and also I'd rather do it so I can be happy with myself.

I'm not an 'expensive' guy, I don't have every single piece of kit you can find on the internet, however I do have the knowledge and skills of running a software, selecting tracks, speaking clearly into a microphone, having a good laugh and of course, playing the music that everyone loves - well hopefully 'everyone'.

I'm wondering if there's any experienced DJ's or veterans upon this site that could guide me to my birth place of becoming a radio DJ, of course voluntary, because I don't tend on becoming a permanent DJ, I'm also interesting in being a DJ for my local festivals (Burton-Upon-Trent, to be specific), and I need to know who to ask if I were to try and get my foot in the door.

Like I said, voluntary, not permanent. My dream is to become a business leader, but to pass the time of bordem where I could be doing something for local communities and having fun at the same time.

Also, I was wondering if there's a way of me getting myself on the internet as a radio DJ. A young lad like myself who has minimal experience within radio, but a lot in YouTube and other voice based tasks.

If anyone needs a copy of my CV, then don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks in advance everyone,
Anything is much appreciated!
I run a radio station! email me spencerbrittingham99@gmail.com or find me on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/spencerbritingham