An Impossible setup?

Hello all,

My setup is entirely self-managed and runs as follows: Windows 2003 Server, running ZaraRadio to Edcast (SHOUTcast) and B.U.T.T. (Icecast) to their respective streaming software via a Fibre Optic modem. However, I have attempted to install Centova Cast which only runs on a Virtual Machine on a Windows platform in order to record listener statistics as required by licensing authorities.

This last part is giving me problems. Due to logistical and space issues, I can't really have a router as well as a Modem connected to my server. After many exchanges via E-Mail between Centova Cast and I, they have advised that unless I am well versed and familiar with Linux command line and networking, which I am not., I should re-think my setup to accommodate a router, as to use a Virtual Machine through Windows and with no router, it is very, very difficult to setup.

I have also had a conversation with an acquaintance who knows considerably more about Linux and Centova Cast than I, who has suggested that if I don't intend to use a router, I should consider reversing my current system, i.e. Have Debian as the Host O.S., with Windows in the V.M. His reason being that Centova Cast will work without too much complicated configuration, and while Windows will need configuring, I am more familiar with the platform.

I have even contemplated ditching Windows completely and learning Linux, but have checked, and there seems to be no Linux based versions of either Zara Radio or Edcast!

I would appreciate your views on this!

Many thanks.

Nathan.