Are You Listening? Scottish Shotts' based community based internet radio needs YOU!

Listen Lanarkshire is a community internet radio station based within Getting Better Together the Shotts Healthy Living Centre and is funded jointly between Getting Better Together, NHS, North Lanarkshire Council, VANL, Wishaw Murdostoun and Fortissat Community Forum and Scottish Care.

The station is community based serving the North Lanarkshire area and broadcasts on the world wide web.
So far the station has over 30 active volunteers all producing their own unique show(s) over 2 hour slots per week and some have an awesome co-host to blether to.

But something's missing ... YOU! We love our volunteers but we need more to keep this party going, fancy yourself as a DJ, have some internet radio DJ experience including using SAM Broadcaster, can commit to at least one two hour slot per week or do you think you could become show producer and produce some internet radio award #winning show features or do you like slicing and dicing shows, recordings, demos or jingles or bumpers and want to become an editor.

Then get in touch with us because we want to hear you ...

*Please be aware as part of the volunteer recruitment process to join Getting Better Together / Listen Lanarkshire, you will be subject to a PVG disclosure, cost will be met by the organisation.

All positions are voluntary and are based within our studio at Kirk Road, Shotts, North Lanarkshire.

Edit:-
We now have sufficient numbers of LIVE presenters

Listen Lanarkshire are still in requirement of the following positions:
(based at our studio in Shotts, North Lanarkshire, Scotland)

• Relief Presenters / Pre - Record Presenters
  • Show Producers
  • Show / Audio Editors
  • Advertisers / Promoters

Brett@listenlanarkshire.com

Iain, Chris or Brett
01501 825800 (during office hours)

For further information:-

Reply to this thread or
Email:
Brett@listenlanarkshire.com or
Call: Iain, Chris or Brett on 01501 825800

Attachments

• 10994060_618135021621359_6219215248146636350_n.png
    10994060_618135021621359_6219215248146636350_n.png
    12 KB · Views: 448
  • llbanner.jpg
    llbanner.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting project - best of luck with it. Out of curiosity is it preferable if your volunteers are Scottish or could they be from anywhere within the UK or Europe or even further afield? Your post makes a lot of references to uniquely Scottish things such as a PVG disclosure which is called a DBS South of the Border...

Unfortunately a lot of my Scottish friends who contributed a great deal to Partyvibe have drifted away due to other life committments and responsibilities but if I can track any of them down I will let them know about this venture...

Hello Alex

Thanks for your interest and best wishes in Listen Lanarkshire.

The station has been around since November last year, however in that short time we have been able to recruit 30 volunteers all of whom are Scottish based as the station itself is located in the Scottish North Lanarkshire county town of Shotts, there is no specific requirement for where you are located in Scotland though our volunteers are located in the surrounding counties to our studio location (North and South Lanarkshire, Cumbernauld etc.)

If you have a car and don't mind driving to our studio we're more than happy to have you as a volunteer.

We very much appreciate the help and assistance you're offering and thank you kindly for passing our message on to your Scottish friends whom I'm sure would be interested in the station and setup we have.

Kindest Regards
Brett McLaughlin
Creative Manager
Listen Lanarkshire

www.listenlanarkshire.com

Iain, Chris or Brett
01501 825800
9am - 5pm
Monday - Friday

Stevy6

Oh so it's a fixed studio based radio station and not the typical internet station like most on here , with the DJ based in their home , typically broadcasting from their PC or laptop.

The station I broadcast on is based in Arizona, USA but is broadcast on the web, I'm sitting in my small but comfortable study, in North Wales, on my laptop bustin out tunes to the faithful.

Best of luck with your station though , can't beat community spirit.

Last edited:
Listen Lanarkshire are still in requirement of the following positions:
(based at our studio in Shotts, North Lanarkshire, Scotland)

• Relief Presenters / Pre - Record Presenters
  • Show Producers
  • Show / Audio Editors
  • Advertisers / Promoters

We now have sufficient numbers of LIVE presenters

Iain, Chris or Brett
01501 825800 (during office hours)