Best equipment and what ?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No that is not my radio...but I just got it sorted,like most problems,it was staring me in the face.Is it 25 listeners with the free shout cast? I came across Mixxx dj sofware free.Any idea if that is good with shoutcast...Thanks again.

We are glad that you got it sorted! :)

Yes 'Mixxx' is a great bit of free software and will do the job nicely with Shoutcast servers.

GeminiRadio

Do you know what the mixxx supports microphone wise? The virtual dj broadcast will only support the built in mic on laptop,thats what a chat with a support guy told me.I was hoping to be able to use the Rode condenser I use for guitar vocals.:)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Do you know what the mixxx supports microphone wise? The virtual dj broadcast will only support the built in mic on laptop,thats what a chat with a support guy told me.I was hoping to be able to use the Rode condenser I use for guitar vocals.:)

Mixxx should support most microphones and the Rode condenser will work great for this. Do you use your laptops built in soundcard or an external one? You will need an external soundcard for using this mic as the input will be either XLR or a 1/4 inch jack.

Yes, it appears that you are correct in regards to using mics with 'Virtual DJ Broadcaster', we have just found this post in their forums by their support staff from having a quick search. Although we think this only needs to be built into the computers soundcard that you are using, so it therefore needs to have a mic input. We dont think this means that you need to only use the built in mic of your laptop.

[QUOTE='Virtual DJ' Support Staff]Sound card and microphone support in Broadcaster is limited - Please see VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE - Comparison

To use a microphone, it must be built into the same sound card that you are using for your sound output, e.g: For headphone pre-listen and mic, you will need to use a 5.1 sound card built into your computer.

For more advanced and flexible sound configuration options, you will need to purchase VirtualDJ Basic VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE - Basic or upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Profesisonal: VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE - Buy VirtualDJ Pro [/QUOTE]

GeminiRadio

When using the rode condenser for guitar,I am using pro tools.The condenser is going through M audio interface,and to laptop with a usb connection.