Blocking Listeners/Rippers on ICECAST

MykeH

Hi Guys

I have a challenge with some listeners ripping music and of course Bandwidth

I have a timeout on my player which will deactive the Player after an hour and they will have to reconnect if they want to listen

However some kiddy scripters are getting around this

Is there a way to Block IP address on ICECAST through say the CP ?

Thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Unfortunately not no. Icecast doesn't have any ban/block options we are afraid.

MykeH

That SUCKS - PPL limit some broadcasters to x number of Listerner Hours (depending on the License type) which means if someone tunes in and forgets to logout and goes on vacation - game over and I am paying for the Bandwidth usage as well

Shoutcast here I come

dj_stiven

Long had such an option, and it is from version 2.3.2 and up. I use it and it works well.

Path Settings

<paths> <basedir>./</basedir> <logdir>./logs</logdir> <pidfile>./icecast.pid</pidfile> <webroot>./web</webroot> <adminroot>./admin</adminroot> <allow-ip>/path/to/ip_allowlist</allow-ip> <deny-ip>/path_to_ip_denylist</deny-ip> <alias source="/foo" dest="/bar"/> </paths>

This section contains paths which are used for various things within icecast. All paths (other than any aliases) should not end in a '/'.

deny-ip

If specified, this specifies the location of a file that contains a list of IP addressess that will be dropped immediately. This is mainly for problem clients when you have no access to any firewall configuration. The format of the file is simple, one IP per line. :clap:

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Long had such an option, and it is from version 2.3.2 and up. I use it and it works well.

Path Settings

<paths> <basedir>./</basedir> <logdir>./logs</logdir> <pidfile>./icecast.pid</pidfile> <webroot>./web</webroot> <adminroot>./admin</adminroot> <allow-ip>/path/to/ip_allowlist</allow-ip> <deny-ip>/path_to_ip_denylist</deny-ip> <alias source="/foo" dest="/bar"/> </paths>

This section contains paths which are used for various things within icecast. All paths (other than any aliases) should not end in a '/'.

deny-ip

If specified, this specifies the location of a file that contains a list of IP addressess that will be dropped immediately. This is mainly for problem clients when you have no access to any firewall configuration. The format of the file is simple, one IP per line. :clap:

Correct. We should expand really and say that the centovacast control panel we use at the moment doesn't have this option so it would require manual configuration like dj_stiven mentions above.