Buffering Issues ?

Hi here at Rollin we dont normally have this issue but recently we have had issues !

All my dj's have quick upload and good broadband of 10mb or higher so i doubt its a problemat our end.

I have noticed in the statistics section we are going over our capped rate by quite a lot, could this be causing the problem.

pWcCIrVbOVdM6dlTeqb6TERM6Qm4dOlpbX9Kz8SFY0rPntLj6GVi4liY0sNIQ2v7U3omJl57+hI7f7nS09r+lJ6JiS0rPamnzwlTeiYm+iMvPWi8+sqLZzaePnkch3AaLUVqCPbRsDnavWJnPGbluxUzIz0XgqbbkLnrmZjQ47Kkpx0E3ZnSMzFBMaXHB1N6JiaKMKXHB1N6JiaK8P9ZQaFMYdH2YAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

We are capped at 100 listeners

Can we get this upped to see if the problem stops

Many Thanks

Home - RollinRadio

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Danny,

We have been tuned into your stream and we cannot hear any problems at present? Nor are we recieving any reports from other users on uk3.internet-radio.com reporting any similar issues?

Basically, it is not possible for further listeners to connect to your stream once you have reached your cap. They will just not be able to connect at all. It is possible though that all of the extra listeners attempting to connect at once could have caused such an issue? Was your listener count in the control panel overview at its limit when you noticed the problem?

We have upped your listener capacity to 250 for you to see if this helps with the problem, just let us know if you ever require us to change this back at all, you will need to restart the server for the changes to fully take effect. Please do let us know if you continue to experience any problems as well.

It may also be worth forwarding this following FAQ to some of your DJ's to see if this helps with the problem. http://forum.internet-radio.com/faq/18-my-radio-buffering-skipping.html :)

Buffering

Hi Danny,

We have been tuned into your stream and we cannot hear any problems at present? Nor are we recieving any reports from other users on uk3.internet-radio.com reporting any similar issues?

Basically, it is not possible for further listeners to connect to your stream once you have reached your cap. They will just not be able to connect at all. It is possible though that all of the extra listeners attempting to connect at once could have caused such an issue? Was your listener count in the control panel overview at its limit when you noticed the problem?

We have upped your listener capacity to 250 for you to see if this helps with the problem, just let us know if you ever require us to change this back at all, you will need to restart the server for the changes to fully take effect. Please do let us know if you continue to experience any problems as well.

It may also be worth forwarding this following FAQ to some of your DJ's to see if this helps with the problem. http://forum.internet-radio.com/faq/18-my-radio-buffering-skipping.html :)

Hi Support,

Thanks for upping the limit, it was kind of weird as the server was only saying 11 but only noticed the stats this morning.
At the moment my cloud dj is on and we are not live. I will be live on monday so hopefully all will ok

Out of interested the peak period was at 8.01pm that was just as we went live.

Could it be the people that couldnt get the stream kept trying and bogged the bandwith up.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes it could have been the concurrent listeners trying to connect to the stream and making several attempts if they were having connection issues when you went live. Please let us know if the problem continues.

bamboman

Its great that support is increasing your limit. It will help you to tune more error free. Good luck buddy.