Bush TRF turns itself on

andip1964

Strange one here - I've had the same Bush TRF for a few years without problem - same router, no change to broadband configuration.

The Radio has started turning itself on at random times during the day - its almost like one of the old wake up on LAN type issues, but I cant for the life of me work out what's happening.

Any ideas ? of should I call in ghostbusters !

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Is a "Bush TRF" a standalone internet radio playing device ? If so does it have an infrared remote ?

If yes to both questions is it possible that another remote in the house could trigger it ? If we have the wrong end of the stick you might to explain a little further :)

Strange one here - I've had the same Bush TRF for a few years without problem - same router, no change to broadband configuration.

The Radio has started turning itself on at random times during the day - its almost like one of the old wake up on LAN type issues, but I cant for the life of me work out what's happening.

Any ideas ? of should I call in ghostbusters !

andip1964

I think I may have this problem solved...

Its a stand alone & there's no remote with it - very basic model. I believe the issue is actually a fault with the router. Did some testing over the weekend and the 'lease' appears to be renewing randomly & I'm wondering if this is triggering the radio.

I reset the router & changed the lease time to 48hrs & so far the radio hasn't switched on. Lease is due to expire at 7pm tomorrow, so we'll see if it triggers the radio.