Can I Play Live News Through Centova

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Josh,

No, there is not anyway that you can "program" Centovacast to fetch this for you on the hour. But you could do this manually by downloading the file (right click > 'Save Page As...' on the page) and then uploading the Mp3 news file into a playlist.

PureBeatRadio

Hi There,

Contacted our Streaming Agent and they sorted out my Centova to update the news every hour so it plays the latest news!

Thanks!

Hi Josh,

No, there is not anyway that you can "program" Centovacast to fetch this for you on the hour. But you could do this manually by downloading the file (right click > 'Save Page As...' on the page) and then uploading the Mp3 news file into a playlist.

PureBeatRadio

What does this mean? I'd like the option of setting up scheduled programming with a short news blurb on the hour, too... but not sure how it could be done.

Hi There,

This can be done with Centova, you need to contact your streaming provider so with us its zFast. They can program into the server to download the news file every hour so that when you program/schedule it to play at the hour it will play the most up to date downloaded file.

So you just need to give the sky news link to your provider and they can program it to update every hour so that you have the latest news to play every hour.

Little confusing but!

Thanks

Josh