Can't connect to server

SLCR

Hi, our stream won't connect to the server (southleedscr). It went off sometime yesterday, around the time you were running updates.

We also had some other issues, e.g. our Control Panel always says 'Source Connected - No' even when it is. Have tried using the 'Contact' email page, but have had no reply so far. Thanks.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi there,

We have attempted to reply to your previous emails but the messages are not being delivered and we are getting the following error message as below:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

hidden@xxxxxx.xxx

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.7.1 209.85.214.174 has been blocked by SpamCop (state 14).

Are you getting any error messages when you are unable to connect to the server?

In regards to your 'Source Connected' issue, which stream encoder are you using?

SLCR

That's odd, I received this from you yesterday at that same address:

southleedscr,

This message is to inform you that your streaming server went down in the past few minutes, but has been restarted successfully.

This message is for informational purposes only, and no action is required on your part.

Sincerely,

shoutcast.internet-radio.com Server Monitor

We're using BUTT on a machine running Xubuntu. There's no error message as such. It just sits with 'Connecting...' in the display and never connects. We have a backup stream on a free service and it has no problem connecting to that. Over the last few weeks when it has been able to connect to your server we've experienced a high number of unexplained disconnections/re-connections. Again, when it's streaming to the backup server it will stay connected pretty much indefinitely.

If I click on 'Server Administration' in the Control Panel I get:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx.

Can you please remove my email address from the post above so the spambots don't get it? Many thanks.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Glad to see a fellow Ubuntu user :)

We see that there has been some problem with the config file. We have tweaked it and he server is now back online and you are connected. We are going to look into it further as it seems we have upgraded our icecast version during the upgrades. This is whats caused the config issue. We will let you know how we get on. You seem to be streaming now. We have bumped your listener capacity for free because of the issue.

SLCR

That's got it, thanks :)

The control panel still says no source connected though, even though it's clearly working?

One other thing... when I click on 'Server Administration' I get the Icecast2 Status screen, but it requires a username and password to proceed. I've just started in this post and the previous Station Manager didn't leave these anywhere that I can find. Can I have these emailed to me please?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Great :)

We are still working on why its not reporting correctly in the status panel. Its the same for all Icecast servers and probably related to us moving from Icecast 2.3.2 to Icecast 2.3.2-kh29. We will get to the bottom of it :)

For the Icecast 'Server Administration' use the username admin and the password the same as your control panel.

soundtrack

Well, that is my first check out to forum.internet-radio.com ! We are a group of volunteers and starting a brand new initiative in a regional community in the exact same niche. Your phorum supplied us valuable information to work on. You have done a marvellous task!