Code Snippets for Metadata

ihatespinach

I tried the code snippets provided for Stream Status Summary and Stream Details, on my website.

Stream Status Summary:
When I use <span id="cc_stream_info_summary"> the text seems to have its own properties (font, colour, etc) and appears as a hyperlink to playlist file "../tunein.pls" I managed to change text properties to desired font and colour but could not switch off the hyperlink (which downloads tunein.pls) so decided not to use it.

Stream Details:
I then tried <span id="cc_stream_info_song"> and <span id="cc_stream_info_title"> Couldn't figure out how to reference "song" using fields in Edcast but managed to reference "title" using the Stream Name field in Edcast, which produced the most desirable result - I want static text to show Artist and Title, no hyperlinks and no unwanted characters, dodgy fonts, etc.

Trouble is, there's an erratic/ uncontrollable delay between me entering the metadata into Edcast and it appearing on my Shoutcast server page and finally, on my website. Can you suggest the best method for updating and sending track names manually? I can set Edcast to check/ send local metadata every 20 seconds but it's not working, regardless of whether I update the YP settings in the connection config or edit the metadata manually. Also tried referencing the "../tunein.pls" link in the metadata URL in Edcast but it just throws out the word [playlist].

Hope you can help, thanks.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Unfortunately we can't control the hyperlink in the code snippet as this is hard coded into the control panel. You could however interface directly with the server status page with some of your own php code. You can either reference the status page direct (http://server:port/) or http://server:port/7.html which will give you an easy to parse output of the current song title. There is also an xml output with more info which could be parsed from the admin area of the status page but its slightly more complicated to get at this.

If you are having trouble with the edcast encoder updating the meta-data it might be worth giving butt a go : butt - broadcast using this tool This also has an "Update Meta-data manually" mode.