connecting troubles

Jonnyb

hi
im having trouble connecting to the server through any of the 4 programms windows media player itunes, real time etc

i think it may be down to the encoder type , im using edcast as recommended by the site owner. but he said to use mp3. when looking on the list mp3 wasnt there only aac, vorbis etc,

any ideas on how to get around this so that i can cahnge it to mp3. im running an icecast not shout

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Towards the end of installing Edcast a message box will pop up informing you that you must install a file called 'lame_enc.dll' into your Edcast program directory (usually c:\program files\edcastV3).You can download the file here :

DLL-files.com - lame_enc.dll

Copy the file into your Edcast program directory (usually c:\program files\ EdcastV3).

This will enable the MP3 option that you need.

Jonnyb

rite found out that i hadnt put the lame folder in the edcast folder. done that and now i have the mp3 option. linked everything up for a test run. and found that the only programme that works is winamp. cant get itunes to work or windows media player. is it possible that ive downloaded the wrong edcast. i.e the winamp one not the stand alone one????

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
If you are trying to stream from an external mixer then you should have the standalone one. Although to be honest i think they should all be able to accept a signal from your line in port.

On the Edcast main screen there is a 'Live Recording' section on the right hand side. Click on the X to enable it. Now choose what you have to select your input which is usually 'Line In'. Next click on the 'Peak Meter' to tweak your levels.

Jonnyb

yey everything is sorted now. can listen to me lol in itunes wmp and real player. on more than one pc. so yey. thanks for the help peeps much apreciated.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Excellent. Really pleased everything is working well for you. Best of luck with your radio shows. :)