Continual Loss of Audio Source

ChillandHipHop

Good day all,

Within the past several weeks, our client stations have lost associated Audio Source, resulting in the stations ceasing to broadcast without warning. This has occurred some four times in as many weeks—on two discrete stations. No clear answers from support so we are turning to the forum for insight and thought leadership. Also, no alerts have been sent out to us when these stations drop off the air.

Thanks—

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi ChillandHipHop,

The UK2 server that your account is hosted on has had no recent downtime and you do not stream live either so this is probably not server related. I can only think that the issue here is perhaps related to some of your AutoDJ files that seem to knock the AutoDJ stream out.

This would also make sense as to why you are not receiving any email notification about this. If this is the AutoDJ that is experiencing errors but it's not actually causing the server to be stopped then Centovacast would not push out any notifications as the server is essentially still online.

Have you spotted any patterns to this at all such as it happening at a certain time or during a particular playlist?

ChillandHipHop

Hello,

We reviewed all logs and files. Concerning logs, there are no titles with low to no instances of play in the entire playlist. Since the file playlist is small, a suspect file tripping AutoDJ would ultimately cause the fault to occur several times within every 24 hour period. This just isn’t the case. Additionally, a second station airing the same exact files from a prior client station (which did not trip or fault AutoDJ) encountered the very same issue.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi ChillandHipHop,

Apologies for the delay, I had forgotten about this forum post and we do not check the forum as often. Emailing us directly is always better for us.

I checked over all of your accounts settings when you posted this last week and I've had another look this morning and everything looks fine. As you only have the one account now in your reseller account I cannot look at this against the other old account that you mention.

How exactly do you notice this has gone offline? Is this just by logging into the control panel and seeing this or when you are tuned in?

As you set this account up yourself in your reseller account it might be worth just deleting it and then recreating it again and seeing if that helps as we do not really have any suggestions for you.