COVID and disconnections

Hi , many of us are not under curfews. We are getting messages threatening to stop our service due to non payment.
Can or should we be granted extensions during this difficult period?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi DestinationCaribbean,

Thanks for your post.

Despite the global Coronavirus pandemic our services are still operating as per usual. It sounds like you have received our standard automated email about a failed subscription payment that we have always sent out when this happens. I cannot see how you would consider this threatening?

Unfortunately as we have our own expenses to consider then we cannot provide substantial extensions, but as always we can appreciate and understand that payments cannot always be made on time and we have always been fair in such circumstances and taken these payments at a later date.

So if you are having some problems this month then please drop us an email so that we can discuss this further in private. Thank you.

Dear Level 1 support, while your services are still operating, you may have noticed that most of this planet are under curfew.

Some of us are unable to place money on credit cards. Many businesses, including banks, are closed and people are asked to stay in their homes.
They too have expenses, but are unable to access funds to buy even food for their households.

Since you can appreciate and understand that under such conditions payments cannot always be timely, maybe you should notify your customers of your policy position during this crisis. I am sure that others are equally concerned.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes we are fully aware of this and the situation is the same here in the UK. We can fully appreciate this is a difficult time! We are very grateful that our business is online based and that services such as online banking exist which means that we can still continue to operate at this time.

If any of our users have any concerns they are free to contact us to discuss their situations and we'll do our best to help as much as we can.

DANCERADIOUK

Dear Level 1 support, while your services are still operating, you may have noticed that most of this planet are under curfew.

Some of us are unable to place money on credit cards. Many businesses, including banks, are closed and people are asked to stay in their homes.
They too have expenses, but are unable to access funds to buy even food for their households.

Since you can appreciate and understand that under such conditions payments cannot always be timely, maybe you should notify your customers of your policy position during this crisis. I am sure that others are equally concerned.
We are under the same restrictions here in the UK, in fact most of the planet is right now too, so everyone knows what the current situation is like. However, the way it works here is the same as ever, if you don't have the funds to pay for the service then it will be cut off. Very fair if you ask me. I think support are right, they have said business as usual and you can't say fairer than that. If they started to offer freebies, how long would that go on for? Everyone would start to milk it. Unfortunately, if you don't have the funds to pay for your service in this current situation then that is something you should have thought about a while ago. Maybe once this is over, then you might like to look at a robust payment method to ensure you have the funds to pay for the service you want to use.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
If they started to offer freebies, how long would that go on for? Everyone would start to milk it.

Thanks Danceradiouk. That is exactly the kind of predicament that we could face. This could potentially go on for months to come yet. We have to cover our own server fee's, licensing etc.