disconnecting / connecting

rawandunplugged

Hi there

I am a new user of Internet Radio, and Im having some problems.
Im using Edcast and it seems to connect fine, however after a few minutes the server disconnects and starts reconnecting again. I am sure that this must be a server problem as since I have experienced this, I have switched back to my old server (listen2myradio.com) and the stream runs fine.
Can someone help please?

Cheers

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Firstly Welcome and thanks for signing up.

Ive checked your logs and notice that you are trying to broadcast at 128 kbps when you signed up for a 96 kbps server. If you try and stream above your chosen bitrate then the server will shut down. We can of course increase your bitrate to whatever you like. Would you like us to increase it to 128 kbps ? Alternativly make sure you stream at 96 kbps.

powermixfm

Newbie ;)

hmmmmmm some people are quite new to this :)

i am very excited and satisfied with your
services (internet-radio rocks !!!).

my regards
Jim (powermix fm)

rawandunplugged

Firstly Welcome and thanks for signing up.

Ive checked your logs and notice that you are trying to broadcast at 128 kbps when you signed up for a 96 kbps server. If you try and stream above your chosen bitrate then the server will shut down. We can of course increase your bitrate to whatever you like. Would you like us to increase it to 128 kbps ? Alternativly make sure you stream at 96 kbps.

HI there

Thanks for your reply, I understand now. As mentioned, I am very new to this and when it looked like "Internet Radio"was unstable I upgraded my "Listen2myradio" account to a premium one, however I notice that the dashboard etc is the same layout as yours, are you linked to them? Either way, is there a limit as to when I need to use my 10gb by? Could I use Listen2myradio just now and then come back and use Internet radio later?

Cheers

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We do use a modified version of the same control panel software to listen2myradio but we are not linked in any way. Your 10 GB of bandwidth wont expire unless you don't login or use some of your bandwidth at least every 120 days. So provided you login or your account shows some activity your balance will remain. We only remove servers which have not been completely inactive for 120 days.