Do you listen to foreign radio stations?

Demo

No. I just tune into our own station with plenty of presenters playing music for all tastes :)

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, but what is "foreign" is going to vary depending on where the listener is, and folk on here are from every corner of the world :D.

A lot of British community radio stations and online stations have very diverse programming; I volunteer as an engineer at our local one and sometimes listen even when the much of show is in a language I do not understand a word of (although the South Asians present their show in Hindi, Punjabi and English and its done in such a way that all the music from different communities/faith groups and the Bollywood stuff is played together). What is impressive about this is even though the two young women are from different backgrounds and there is plenty of time on the schedule for them to have their own shows each, they chose to work together 8)

Yes, I do quite often. Aside from my own station I would say most station's I tune into are from European Countries, UK, Russia, Asia. Since I like Techno and House music, often instrumental or uses english vocals. Even though I run Mystery Radio 87.9, I also enjoy Ibiza Sonica- he one with alternative dance., Move Da House, Real Dance Radio. On my smart radio I also enjoy BBC 1 for the Dance Specialty Shows, Boost fm in OZ, Capital Dance London, Loca FM Spain, m20 Italy, FG Paris. Listening to other stations helps intruduce me to new music, and find tracks that I need to start playing. I enjoy listening to other radio stations as well as running my own. YFM in South Africa is fun, that is how I discovered Afro House :)