Edcast Stand Alone Question

RichB

HI there, I've been using Edcast stand alone without having any problems at all.
However, I cannot find the archives of my recorded radio shows.
In the YP setting, I always set " record stream" and save as "Wav"

I just can't find where the archive is located in my pc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Under the 'Advanced Settings' of Edcast where you have to tick the box to 'Save Archive of Stream', underneath this is the 'Archive Directory' location path. That's the location as to where on your PC your recordings are stored.

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
As Support mentioned, on the version I use (eddcast reborn with ASIO) I found you have to also set the path manually; I'm unsure what happens to the wav file (indeed if it gets recorded at all) if you don't.

I suggest doing a search for all *.wav files (assuming you are on a Windows machine thats easy enough to do from the start menu). Any which are particularly long and have a filename based on the metadata you sent for your stream are likely to be your show recordings...

RichB

Thanks a lot.
It seems I didn't fill in that field. Is there a special format for writing the directory or can I simply put "my documents" for example? I guess nothing recorded then..

Thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
You could use a path such as: C:/Users/YourPC'sname/Documents/Edcast_Recordings

That will create a folder in "My Documents" for your recordings in Windows.

RichB

Hi again,
I've just changed the path and tried recording a few minutes to see If I'd be able to locate it but still can't...
The edcast folder doesn't appear in "my documents"..

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ah yeah ok, you probably need to create a folder called "Edcast_Recordings" first then. In most cases the folder would be created automatically by programs, Edcast probably does not do this. So just create the folder yourself in 'My Documents' and then make the the location path point to that folder.