Attachments

• empty.png
    empty.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 513

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi jorgear,

We've seen this on a few other accounts as well since the latest Centovacast update. We don't believe these connections to be anything suspicious and we have found that they are mostly requests from custom web players that have been embedded into stations personal websites.

Hope this helps.

ZzeonBlue

Hello,

What does the **EMPTY** player mean?

Thanks, I attach screenshot.
Hi, a new member but we are aware of all things mentioned and felt compelled to say:

We at Barbwires are not a listened to station with Internet-Radio, but carry their LOGO on our sites for so long, and:

We have seen very many "Empty" entries as well...
they are recorded in LOG as `' <- just that as User-Agent and have concluded they are like so many RIPPING softwares and the user has neglected to assign any U-A info to, such as WinAMP 5.5.0 or whatever - We BLOCK as a class C, and only received ONE - " WTF" on our support IRC account on Undernet or chat.barbwires.com and out position is "No User-Agent, we have the same for you, NOTHING but a class C Ban" and move on.

Eddie @ Barbwires Radio
amen.

mjsk

Hello,

What does the **EMPTY** player mean?

Thanks, I attach screenshot.
The EMPTY user agent is the german stream ripper that won't show anything in the agent field for the purpose of you cannot block it. There is a way from the SHOUTcast server administrator's back door to block these empty agents. I had it done on my station and it is working perfectly.