ERR This installation of Centova Cast is using an expired license key.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We hope Centova sort this out soon as this would make things much easier but in the meantime we are implementing PLAN B. We are now installing cast control control panel software to at least give users their radio functionality back.

We will keep you posted.

simonboothy

Good job

I think you guy's do a great job, I have used you for a couple of years now, and you always pull out all the stops, when a problem has accured. Keep up the good work , and a big thanks, I have been lucky as my stream is always connected as we are 24/7. Once again praise were it is due . well done for keeping us informed

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
I think you guy's do a great job, I have used you for a couple of years now, and you always pull out all the stops, when a problem has accured. Keep up the good work , and a big thanks, I have been lucky as my stream is always connected as we are 24/7. Once again praise were it is due . well done for keeping us informed

Thanks Simon. We appreciate your kind words. :)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have Cast Control installed on a backup server now and we are building a request form so you can fill in your details for a backup server to be provided free while we wait for Centova to fix the licensing issues. We are very disappointed that a company like Centova can disappear into thin air and leave their clients hanging like this. Unfortunately Centovacast is the best software out there and we hope they come back soon so we can resume normal operations.

More to follow...

simonboothy

Question

Hi i have just read your update, I stream 24/7 and iam streaming ok, am i better swapping to your server to limit down time, or stay as iam, thanks guy's simon

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Simon

Lucky you are on cp2.internet-radio.org.uk. We have stopped the license check on that server as far as we know. It should be up a bit longer so provided centova come back soon you should be fine :) You can apply if you wish when we publish the temporary server details just in case.

Hi i have just read your update, I stream 24/7 and iam streaming ok, am i better swapping to your server to limit down time, or stay as iam, thanks guy's simon

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have redirected both shoutcast.internet-radio.org.uk and cp.internet-radio.org.uk control panels to

REMOVED AS SERVERS ARE BACK ONLINE :)

You can request a temporary radio server from there while we wait for the control panel issue to be resolved by Centova. Your radio may still be up (but the control panel down) so there might not be a need for you to do this. Also if you are happy just to wait it out we hope they resolve this soon. It will really be very easy for them to fix this if there was anyone around at Centova to help.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
OK RESULT!

We have made a dirty fix to the date and time to trick the system into thinking its the past and therefore the license is still valid. This is not so good for stats and the like but at least it will get things working again for everyone. :)

You should be able to login to your server now as before but be aware the stats will be out of whack and there may be a few other little issues...

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Some Observations :

Obviously the stats on the control panel are going to be pretty weird because of the dirty fix but they will be normal again when we get a proper fix from Centova.

Also the code snippet info is most likely going to be wrong. A server restart my be required to fix that though

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Please check the server time... :eek:

Yeah the time is wrong. We need to resync the time (not date). At the moment it will most likely cause the Auto DJ playlists to start / stop at the wrong time. We are working on this. We just wanted to get the control panel started as fast as possible so people could get using it again. Will post an update about this when its completed later.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Chris

Unfortunately this is one of the "features" ;) of the dirty fix and it will start working again as soon as we go back to the future and set the time correctly. We are still monitoring Centova and as yet zero response :|

Apologies for this and rest assured the minute Centova fix their license servers we will sort this out.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have updated the times on cp.internet-radio.org.uk and shoutcast.internet-radio.org.uk.

Although this wont fix the underlying issues that the servers are running with their dates set to a month ago it does mean that your scheduled playlists will play at the correct time of the day.

JudgeJoey

Cool

Thats cool as long as if play at the right time that fine with me,
I am happy about that.. Cause in the in the past few days I did notice some different about the list. They were all in at the
wrong time. Thankfully it's back to normal.

:)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Centova are back! At last! We are reissuing our license keys now and this should fix the problem. We will report back when its done.