Extra information showing on radio displays

Cashpot

Thanks for the help you are giving with some technical aspects of my new project, I will now ask another question!

When listening to some stations (for example Angel Radio - which is not streamed by you) using an internet radio one can see the name of the present track, then the time, then a "strap line" or identification, the station phone number etc., all scrolled along the bottom line of the radio display.

I know that the station uses a linux server like yours so assume the data is added to the stream in some way or another. Would you happen to know if this information can be shown by your users?

Might even be used for now and next, news flashes, weather, etc., etc.

Any idea how and if it can be done please?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Cashpot

This sort of thing is done from within the encoder. The 'now playing' field is manipulated by the encoder and changed regularly to include extra info. We think SAM Broadcaster is able to do this. Have a play around with some different encoders and you should come across this functionality.

HoddzDJ

This can be done in many different ways, it's pretty easy to build a PHP file that will call the AIM field for example, and then echo that info into the page... which in turn will be displayed. So then the DJ can change the contents of it to show some news, or something else. You could also build a PHP file that will call info from a feed that could display the weather if you wanted to.

It's all possible. But I'm not being horrible, I'm not going to build it for you. There are coders out there who can do it for you, who will charge a fair price for it.. or you could build it yourself if you wish. I'm here to guide users and help them out, not build their site!!