Firewall

DjXtra Bass

Hi Guys,

Im Co Owner of DTFM Radio, and I have a problem with a few of my listeners being unable to listen to our radio because they are behind a firewall. Have you any solutions on how to solve this problem please.
We have tried all the links to tune, such as:

Realradio, Winamp, Mediaplayer, iTunes etc, but nothing has worked for them and still no sound.

It has become very tiresome to find the answer to this, as our listeners are getting very frustrated...

Hope you can help please

Kind Regards

Kaz Lloyd (DJ Xtra Bass)

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Kaz,

It is likely these users have been firewalled for a reason. i.e. they are at work / college / school and possibly shouldnt be tuning into a radio there.

Unfortunately there is no real solution to this apart from talking to the required tech departments and opening up the firewall. One other option is running the radio on port 80 but we are afraid that we do not support this as we do not have enough IP's to do it. Apologies. :)

brothwel

Is it still true you don't offer port 80 broadcasting, now this is 7 years later? I have seen a number of other service providers that do offer it, so it is technically possible.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Is it still true you don't offer port 80 broadcasting, now this is 7 years later? I have seen a number of other service providers that do offer it, so it is technically possible.

Your stations port 80 web proxy link can be found under the 'Quick Links' section of your control panel.

brothwel

I have tried that link — it works from home, but not from work.

Can you explain why or how to make use of that link for listeners that are behind a firewall?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
In that case the only solution is to ask your work to open up their firewall.

brothwel

It is not about _me_. Itnis about potential listeners that would typically prefer to listen via an embedded web page player.

That “web proxy” link does not seem to be a port 80 link, does it?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes it is a port 80 link and it will playback in most media players, it is not intended to be used with embedded web page players.